Community Campsites | Namibia
The Spitzkoppe Camp is one of Namibia's better run community camps, for years there was no campsite in the area and visitors had to bush camp, eventually the local community set up a campsite and built some very basic bungalows. The campsites are well spread out around the Spitzkoppe Mountain, each site has its own unique charm.
By camping (or staying in the bungalows) visitors are able to really close to this amazing and rugged desert mountain, its rock art, flora and fauna.
- A variety of very secluded campsites around the mountain, some with toilets and braai facilities (enquire at reception)
- Toilets and showers near reception
- Thatched bungalows with 2/3 beds, basic furniture and external shower & toilet
- Bar with cold drinks
- Services of local guides
- Please bring own water if possible
- Guided walks
- Enjoy guided walks to the many rock art sites
- Go trekking on and around the Spitzkoppe
- Spitzkoppe is well known as a climbing destination - climbers do need to bring their own equipment
Spitzkoppe is located 29 km off the main B2 highway between Windhoek and Swakopmund. For access to Spitzkoppe from the B2, take the turn off to Henties Bay D1918 (gravel) for 18 km, then turn right onto the D3716 (gravel) to Spitzkoppe. Access is by 2 x 4 vehicle. It is quite hard to miss, just look for the big pointy mountain.
Nestled in a conservation area in the majestic Erongo Mountains this property contains a wide selection of rock art
a 24 room lodge in the Erongo region of central Namibia
One of our favourite lodges in Namibia - excellent accommodation, food and beautiful surroundings make for an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
A variety of activities are on offer at this lodge near Karibib
Situated at the foot of the Hohenstein mountain, this lodge offers many hiking and climbing opportunities. It is also well situated to visit the Spitzkoppe Mountain.
Accommodation in the small town of Omaruru.
Specialising in family holidays and horse riding, Okomitundu offers plenty of activities
A self catering villa in the heart of the charming town of Omaruru