Halali in Etosha Park
Etosha National Park - Namibia
Halali is strategically located halfway between Okaukuejo and Namutoni in Namibia's Etosha National Park. It is surrounded by some of the most popular water holes in the Park. The resorts name, of German origin, is derived from the bugle call made to announce the end of a hunt.
Halali has a secluded, scenic, flood-lit waterhole. Namutoni and Okaukuejo's waterholes are situated in the midst of the accommodation areas. At Halali, the waterhole is a short walk from the camp. The major benefit here is that you will not be disturbed or distracted when viewing the abundant game.
The restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and 'a la carte' menus for lunch and dinner. Buffet meals can be arranged for larger groups. Book in at reception and browse around the tourist shop for your groceries, books and curios.
Accommodation at Halali is varied:
- Rooms: The Double Rooms are the same size as a one-bedroom chalet. En-suite bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. Air-conditioning, lamps, tea/coffee station and a mini-fridge, mosquito nets are standard. Relax on a small corner sofa.
- Family Chalet: 2 secluded, air-conditioned, self-catering Family Chalets with two separate bedrooms with twin beds and mosquito nets in each. These spacious chalets have a separate lounge, kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen is equipped with a limited selection of crockery and cutlery, a small oven, fridge, kettle and tea/coffee station. Outside is a shaded entertainment area with built-in braai, table and chairs. These chalets are the closest to the waterhole.
- Two Bedroom Bush Chalet: smaller than the family chalets, and further from the waterhole. Twin beds in each bedroom and shared bathroom and a separate toilet, air-conditioning and mosquito nets. Relax in a small open plan lounge/kitchen furnished with two sofas, a small fridge, tea/coffee station, crockery/cutlery. A table and chairs and a built-in braai are right outside.
- One Bedroom Bush Chalet: A small chalet with one bedroom and a small, separate bathroom with a shower/toilet. Air-conditioning and mosquito nets are standard. A sliding glass door leads to a pebble-floored open patio. No braai facilities.
- Premier Bush Chalets: 5 comfortably furnished Premier Bush Chalets with an en-suite bathroom, queen-sized bed, private garden area, jacuzzi, air-conditioning, mosquito nets, a fridge and tea/coffee station. Ideal for honeymooners.
Halali offers their very own morning, afternoon and night game drives.
- Guided Etosha Game Drives
- Join one of the daily game drives around Etosha
- Game Drive
- Game viewing is best done in the cool of the early morning and late afternoon, most people choose to drive themselves around the park - stopping at the various waterhole's and watching the animals as they come down to drink
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, just south of the Andersson entrance to Etosha.
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundries. It is a small personal lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park.
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Budget accommodation, close to the Anderson Gate
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Extremely busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
A non-profit organisation aimed at conserving Namibia's cheetah population
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.