Etosha National Park - Namibia
Opened in late 2008, Onkoshi Camp was the first new accommodation to be built inside the Etosha National Park in over 30 years. In mid 2011 a second lodge, Dolomite Camp, was also opened within the park borders, this means that visitors have a choice of 5 camps within Etosha; as well as numerous lodges situated just outside the parks boundaries.
Onkoshi Camp is situated on the edge of Etosha Pan - guests will arrive in Namutoni from where they will be transported in safari vehicles to their accommodation. The camp sits on a wooden deck on an isolated peninsula overlooking the Etosha Pan.
Onkoshi Camp was designed as a low impact, environmentally friendly establishment and uses mainly solar power with generator backup. The secluded position of the camp is entirely out of view of the Etosha Parks current tourist routes, and therefore offers a pristine, tranquil and unique experience.
Stay for a few nights at Etosha in one of the following chalets at Onkoshi Casmp:
- Onkoshi Chalet: Their are 14 spacious chalets built on elevated wooden decking complete with thatched roofs and insulated canvas walls. Each chalet has both indoor and outdoor showers and a stone bath with a breathtaking view onto the pan. Two ¾ quarter size beds, a fan, mosquito nets, tea/coffee station, a room safe and room service and standard. Ample luggage and hanging space is provided as is a sleeper couch for a child sharing with parents. The large, wooden-framed retractable doors allow for spectacular panoramic views.
- Onkoshi Honeymoon Chalet: The Honeymoon Chalet has a king-size bed and similar facilities to the Onkoshi Chalets less for the sleeper couch.
There is an associated restaurant, bar area and an infinity pool overlooking the pan. All meals are set from the Camps very own ‘a la carte menu.’
Activities offered from Onkoshi Camp include guided morning, afternoon and night game drives, guided walk and guided moonlight walks. Access includes exclusive areas within the north-eastern sandveld area of Etosha which are not open to self-drive visitors.
Onkoshi Camp offers superb vistas over the pan, with dramatic, sunset and sunrise textures and colours.
Children over the age of six are welcome at the camp.
- Guided Game Drives
- Game viewing is offered in the park's own 4WD safari vehicles. Explore the more exclusive areas of the park that are out of bounds to self-drive visitors.
- Night Game Drives
- Spot-lit night drives are an added incentive to stay here. Nocturnal creatures found in Etosha include spotted and brown hyena, aardwolf, honey badger and jackals (sightings not guaranteed).
A blend of African excitement & luxury are the order of the day at this new luxury lodge
Small mid-price lodge close to the park gate - situated of the private Fischer's pan reserve
Large lodge situated at the Namutoni entrance gate to Etosha. Excellent facilities but expect to share these with large group tours
The latest edition to the Mushara Collection offers mid-range tented accommodation
Good accommodation at a reasonable price, close to the park entrance
Small intimate tented camp built on raised platforms, good for privacy and a 'luxury outdoor' feel
Inside the park borders, built around Fort Namutoni. Recently upgraded to appeal to more 'up-market' visitors
Newly renovated, good mid market option for self-drive tourists
Luxury lodge built around a fort on Fischer's Pan. Easy access to the park
A tented camp just outside Etosha
Small exclusive camp, built on raised platforms
Brand new luxury camp inside the Etosha borders
Very exclusive private suites, all mod-cons and luxuries
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.