Etosha Aoba Lodge
Lodges near Etosha National Park - Namibia
Within half-an-hour’s drive from the eastern entrance gate of the Etosha National Park, and a mere 10 kilometers from the main road, stands Etosha Aoba Lodge. This tranquil and cozy lodge is set in a Tamboti-Terminalia forest next to a dry river bed.
Experience the sights, sounds and smells of the African bush from the terrace of the lodge’s thatched, open-sided bar and dining area, which overlooks a waterhole. Free Wi-Fi is available to guests and Etosha Aoba Lodge has 24hr main line electricity (220V).
Etosha Aoba Lodge offers a variety of accommodation, all with a private terrace and seating.
- Explorer Bungalows: 3 secluded thatched Explorer Bungalows have a private patio and facilities similar to the Bush Suites. En-suite bathroom with a shower, document safe, 'bush-mini-bar', air conditioning/ceiling fan and tea/coffee station and large mosquito nets are standard. Heating fans are available for the winter months.
- Bush Suite: 3 Bush Suites are ideal for families with 2 bedrooms,1 with a sleeper couch and the other with twin beds in each suite. An inter-leading bathroom separates the rooms. Facilities are similar to the Explorer Bungalows.
- Honeymoon Bungalow: The Honeymoon Bungalow has similar facilities to the Explorer Bungalows but includes an outdoor shower and bath.
- Luxury Heritage Bungalows: These 4 luxury bungalows come with privacy and comfort assured. Facilities are similar to the Explorer Bungalows.
The lodge places great emphasis on its excellent cuisine. Home and local produce provide fresh ingredients for a variety of euro-namibian meals. Many guests comment on how they have enjoyed an evening’s feast of kudu terrine, zebra steaks or roast beef at the end of their day. Incidentally, all the cattle are raised naturally. The rainy season can yield the Omajova mushrooms. This particular type of mushroom is freshly harvested from the local termite hills, also seasonally available are truffles brought from the red sand of the Kalahari in eastern Namibia.
Compliment your meal with the selection of chilled South African wines and Namibian beers available.
Etosha Aoba Lodge also provides pre-booked guided game drives into Etosha National Park and of course the traditional sundowner drives on the farm. And why not stretch your legs on one of the walking trails on the Fischers Pan Private Game Reserve?
It is not unusual to see a variety of birds, squirrels or bushbabies whilst chilling close to the pool or on the veranda. You need not wander too far from here to see antelope either!
And finally, before you head for the beaten track, tuck into the breakfast buffet! Fruits of the season, eggs to order, a variety of German style breads, home made marmalades from wild Eros plums and Marula fruits, will complete your stay at Etosha Aoba Lodge.
- Sundowner drive
- en-route to the sundowner view-point at Fishers Pan the guides will introduce you to the fauna and flora of the area. Reaching the Pan an unforgettable sunset is best enjoyed with the drink of your preference
- Etosha Game Drives
- Being directly adjacent to the Etosha National Park the Aoba Lodge is a perfect starting point for game viewing. Many guests at the lodge choose to explore the park in their own vehicles but if you prefer to concentrate on game viewing and photography you can join a guided game drive
- Avid wildlife photographers will want to make use of the hides on the lodge property
- Botanical Walk
- A short nature walk along the dry Omuramba Owambo River bed leads from the lodge to a nearby waterhole. Several interesting trees and bushes are marked along the 2km walk and the lodge offers a listing and description of these. If you prefer a tour guide will accompany you.
- Game Viewing
- The diverse vegetation offers a wide variety of game
- Bird Watching
- There are wonderful bird watching opportunities all around the Etosha Aoba Lodge. In addition to the resident bird population the various migratory birds enhance the variety. The small bird bath next to the terrace of the Lapa attracts many birds.
A blend of African excitement & luxury are the order of the day at this luxury lodge
Small mid-price lodge close to the park gate - situated of the private Fischer's pan reserve
Large lodge situated at the Namutoni entrance gate to Etosha. Excellent facilities but expect to share these with large group tours
The latest edition to the Mushara Collection offers mid-range tented accommodation
Good accommodation at a reasonable price, close to the park entrance
Small intimate tented camp built on raised platforms, good for privacy and a 'luxury outdoor' feel
Inside the park borders, built around Fort Namutoni. Recently upgraded to appeal to more 'up-market' visitors
Newly renovated, good mid market option for self-drive tourists
A tented camp just outside Etosha
Luxury lodge built around a fort on Fischer's Pan. Easy access to the park
Small exclusive camp, built on raised platforms - a popular option with those seeking an exclusive new perspective
The first new accommodation to be built inside the Etosha National Park in over 30 years. The camp sits on a wooden deck on an isolated peninsula overlooking the pan
Very exclusive private suites, all mod-cons and luxuries
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.