Brandberg Rest Camp
Accommodation in Uis - Damarland - Namibia
The Brandberg Rest Camp is located in the village of Uis, in the heart of Damaraland, an unspoilt rural area in Namibia. Conveniently situated en-route between Etosha National Park, Henties Bay, and Swakopmund, the gravel roads to Uis are usually in an excellent condition and the rest camp can be reached by any sedan vehicle.
The Brandberg is the highest mountain in Namibia, standing at 2573m above sea level, and as it's on the flat Namib gravel plains, it can be seen from a great distance on a clear day.
There is a grocery store with basic food stuff, bottle store, filling station, curio shop and Internet cafe in the village.
The restaurant and bar, overlook the large swimming pool. (Bring your own towels!) The guest lounge has a satellite TV system, and there is a communal braai facility, Internet Wi-Fi connection, laundry service and secure (undercover) parking. There is also a conference hall/facilities.
Breakfast, light lunches and snacks are served throughout the day, and a 3 course set dinner meal, including fish, game steaks and chicken, can be ordered in the evening.Accommodation is in a combination of double and self-catering rooms.
- Luxury double rooms: 4 double rooms set poolside each with en-suite bathrooms, fan, mosquito nets and tea/coffee station.
- Standard double rooms: 5 standard rooms with 2 beds and similar facilities to the luxury double rooms.
- Self-catering rooms: 5 self-catering rooms with 4 beds in each room. The facilities are similar to the luxury double rooms. There is a fully equipped kitchenette, including microwave, stove, cutlery and plates etc. The standard double rooms are connected to the self-catering rooms and can be opened to accommodate a maximum of 6 guests if required.
There are many things to see and do in the area, including quad bike routes, swimming in a nearby lake, sundowner (and geological) trips to the Uis Tin Mine, where guests can watch the sun set, sat on a white dune.
Guided Desert Elephant tours can be organized, where giraffe and rhino can also be spotted. The Brandberg Mountain is a great favourite with hikers, and professional guides can be arranged on request for an energetic, 3 day trail.
Another guided geological tour, is to the small miners, digging for Quartz and Amethyst. The world famous Brandberg Crystals, can be bought directly from these miners.
- The Brandberg Mountain is popular with hikers - hikes range from 3 to 5 days
- Burnt Mountain, Twyfelfontein and the Valley of the Organ Pipes
- an 8-hour excursion (packed lunch included) to explore the highlights of Damaraland
- a 10-hour excursion (packed lunch included) around the Brandberg. Visit Elephant rock, desolated mining sites (Tourmaline & Pyrophyllite), numerous Welwitchia mirabilis plants and buy crystals of quartz and amethyst direct from the local diggers. There is a good chance to see the world-renowned desert elephants
- Spitzkoppe Excursion
- an 8-hour excursion (packed lunch included) to the Spitzkoppe. Visits the water pumping station in the Omaruru River which provides drinking water for the village of Uis. Astonishing views of the Spitskoppe will be seen. On this route the elephant's foot Adenia pechuelii and Leadwood Combretum imberbe and various other succulent plant species can also be seen while descending down into the Omaruru River valley. We approach the Spitskoppe from a northerly direction; which is not the norm, thus giving an entirely different view of the mountains to that which most other tourists see
This small lodge is located between Outjo and Khorixas - it was one of the first guest farms opened in Namibia
Situated in the tiny town of Uis, this lodge acts as a gateway to the Brandberg Mountain and other parts of the Erongo Region. The owner, Basil, is a bastion of the local community and a font of knowledge on the area
We are absolutely convinced that this is where Nelly the Elephant decided to live, after deciding to run away from the circus! A bit run down - but in an excellent location
Small private lodge consisting of thatched domed bungalows scattered amongst large granite boulders. It is well situated near Twyfelfontein and several other major Damaraland attractions
This camp was started by Wilderness Safaris and is now managed by the local community. Expect luxury, desert elephants and rhino
Named after the abundant Mopane Trees found in the area, Damara Mopane Lodge is part of a well established lodge group, known for quality lodges at reasonable prices. Only 20km from Khorixas and within driving distance of the highlights of the area
A good quality lodge located close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. Excursions to the engravings and in search of desert adapted elephant are available
Situated in the town of Khorixas, this lodge may not have the most scenic setting but offers reasonable accommodation at good prices
A fairly basic establishment just outside the town of Khorixas
Private campsites in a beautiful setting
One of the most luxurious lodges in the area - accommodation is in luxury tents or more 'solid' suites.
As the name implies this is situated close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. A good quality lodge with reasonable rates.
Close to the Vingerklip rock formation and offering exciting views of the Ugab Plains
The Vingerklip is a 35m high finger like rock structure - this popular and well equipped lodge has two swimming pools and apart from being close to Vingerklip is in close proximity to Twyfelfontein, Burnt Mountain, Petrified Forest and other wonders of Damaraland
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.