Brandberg White Lady Lodge
Accommodation Damarland - Namibia
Brandberg White Lady Lodge lies nestled at the foot of Damaraland's Brandberg Mountain, a vast, compelling wilderness, in north-west Namibia. The mountain, (the highest in Namibia) is best-known for its rock paintings, especially the 'White Lady'. These fascinating paintings were drawn hundreds of years ago by Bushmen people, who inhabited the area.
The main area at the Brandberg White Lady Lodge has a fully licensed, well-stocked bar, with a comfortable lounge area for their guests to relax and unwind. The restaurant serves fine cuisine, and the large swimming pool, is the place to go to cool off from the hot, afternoon sun.
Accommodation is shielded from the elements by large, shady trees set in the Ugab river valley. En-suite bathrooms, mosquito net, tea/coffee station, electric lights, ceiling fans and a private verandah with braai facilities are standard. There are:
- Double rooms: 15 double rooms including 4 poolside.
- Family room: The Family Room is a double room converted for 2 adults/1child or for 2 adults/2 children.
- Chalets: 8 individual, rustic chalets interspersed in the river valley for additional privacy.
- Luxury tents: 6 furnished canvas tents with private braai area.
Despite the arid conditions, Damaraland hosts a wide variety of wildlife. The famous desert elephant, the rare black rhino, springbok, oryx, zebra & ostrich can also be seen on guided hiking or 4x4 vehicle tours, in the most of the region.
Much of the landscape was formed by ancient lave flows, which add to the beauty of the surrounding countryside. It's many unusual rock formations and rare flora, including the endemic Welwitschia mirabilis at the Petrified Forest, make it a perfect area for hiking and photography alike. The region is also renowned for its geology, as well as the World Heritage Site of rock engravings at Twyfelfontein.
Activities in and around the area include hiking and guided 4x4 trails into the Ugab River valley, home to a wide variety of game, birdlife, reptiles and insects, the Brandberg Mountain itself, and Damaraland, with the Doros and Messum Crater.
Children of all ages are welcome at the Brandberg White Lady Lodge.
- guided Elephant drives
- Especially during the drier periods of the year, groups of desert elephant rove in the valley of the Ugab river. Here, there is no worry for water and bush and trees to feed on in abundance.
- the "White Lady"
- perhaps the world's most famous rock painting, is a half-day excursion from Brandberg White Lady lodge.
This small lodge is located between Outjo and Khorixas - it was one of the first guest farms opened in Namibia
Situated in the tiny town of Uis, this lodge acts as a gateway to the Brandberg Mountain and other parts of the Erongo Region
We are absolutely convinced that this is where Nelly the Elephant decided to live, after deciding to run away from the circus!
Small private lodge situated near Twyfelfontein and several other major Damaraland attractions
This camp was started by Wilderness Safaris and is now managed by the local community. Expect luxury, desert elephants and rhino
Opened in November 2010, forming part of a well established lodge group, known for quality lodges at reasonable prices. Only 20km from Khorixas and within driving distance of the highlights of the area
A good quality lodge located close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. Excursions to the engravings and in search of desert adapted elephant
Situated in the town of Khorixas, this lodge may not have the most scenic setting but offers good accommodation at reasonable prices
A fairly basic establishment just outside the town of Khorixas
One of the most luxurious lodges in the area - accommodation is in luxury tents or more 'solid' suites.
As the name implies this is situated close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. A good quality lodge with reasonable rates.
Close to the Vingerklip rock formation, this lodge offers exciting views of the Ugab Plains
The Vingerklip is a 35m high finger like rock structure - this lodge has two swimming pools and apart from being close to Vingerklip is in close proximity to Twyfelfontein, Burnt Mountain, Petrified Forest and other wonders of Damaraland
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.