The Burning Shore Beach Lodge
Longbeach (between Walvis Bay & Swakopmund) - Namibia
The Burning Shore Beach Lodge, a modern, ocean-side, but luxurious establishment, positioned directly on the beach, only 10 minutes from Swakopmund, a pleasant town on the Skeleton Coast, that still retains much of it's colonial era architecture.
The lodge has a 50 seater restaurant and bar, with indoor and outdoor (patio) dining areas. There is a cocktail bar and the outer deck can be enclosed for private, romantic candlelit dinners. There is a laundry service, Internet facility and secure parking.
Fresh air lovers should head for the outdoor veranda. It offers sweeping views of the Atlantic coastline, and is a good place to enjoy a sunset cocktail or an afternoon tea.
Accommodation at Burning Shore is in:
- Standard Rooms: Standard rooms are equipped with a luxury en-suite bathrooms, a TV, telephone, room service, a fan, a tea/coffee station and an in-room safe. A mini-bar/fridge can be added on request. These rooms have either a 'small' sea view or no sea view at all.
- Luxury: The Luxury Rooms include 2 family units fitted with either double or twin beds. They have similar facilities to the Standard Rooms. All of the rooms have a 'full' sea view
- Superior: The 4 Superior Rooms have similar facilities to the Luxury and Standard Rooms. 3 of the rooms have a 'full' sea view and the other has no sea view at all.
The Burning Shore sprung to international attention in 2006, when Hollywood stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie booked the entire lodge for several weeks!!!
This Beach Lodge is 'always' child-friendly.
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flaura & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
In the small holiday village of Langstrand, between Swakopmund and Walvis Bay, this lodge sprung to prominence when Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt used it as their base for their visit to Namibia
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.