Bush Pillow Guest House
Otjiwarongo - Namibia
Set in the cheetah capital of the world of Otjiwarongo, the Bush Pillow Guest House offers tranquility, style and comfort. It is conveniently located to use as a base for visiting the Etosha Game Park, and the Waterberg Plateau.
Facilities and services on offer here include fax and Internet access, babysitting, laundry, secure parking, airport shuttle service, braai area, bar, swimming pool, library and fireplace. Pets are permitted by prior arrangement.
The conference centre can cater for groups of between 25-75 people. It offers a complete range of services, inclusive of telephone conferencing, video projectors and multi media equipment.
The Maxamesi Dining Room offers meals (lunch & dinner need to be requested in advance) not often found on general menus, all complemented by fine wines from the bar. This is a very peaceful place, with a lovely garden to sit in, and the service is friendly and customer focused.
Accommodation(non-smoking) is in 7 spacious, comfortable and individually decorated bedrooms. Enjoy a good nights sleep in quality bedding. There are:
- Double Rooms: 4 of the double rooms have 2 single beds and 1 room has a double bed. They all have en-suite bathrooms, satellite TV (Mnet), a fan and a tea/coffee station.
- Family Room: There is 1 family room with a double bed and 2 single beds, sleeping up to 4 persons. The facilities are similar to the double rooms and a passage way leads to the bathroom with bath and shower.
Activities on offer are bird walks, game drives, sundowners on Namibia's own Ayers Rock, swimming or historic town tours. There is a narrow gauge steam locomotive, telecommunications museum, and a theatre nearby.
Trips to a crocodile ranch and a cheetah conservation project can also be arranged.
English, Dutch, German and Afrikaans are spoken here.
- Cheetah Conservation
- Self-drive day trips to learn of cheetah conservation and rehabilitation can be organized from here.
- Gamkarab Caves
- There are some fascinating rock formations and un spoilt underground water on a self-drive tour on a farm not far from Outjo.
- Crocodile Ranch
- A short self-drive to the eastern limits of Otjiwarongo for a closer than usual look at the inmates on the local croc farm.
- If arriving from Windhoek turn left before the Caltex petrol Station after entering the Otjiwarongo, follow Sonn road and you'll the lodge on the corner of Sonn road and Hoog street. Bush Pillow Guest House is opposite the sports grounds
- Entering Otjiwarongo from the north (Otavi & Tsumeb) turn right at the Caltex garage into Sonn road, the guest house is on the corner of Sonn road and Hoog street Bush Pillow is opposite the sports grounds
- Entering from Outjo & Omaruru turn right at into Sonn road (which is the 2nd street to your right as you enter Otjiwarongo) Bush Pillow is 300m up the road on the corner of Sonn road and Hoog street
A small private safari lodge north of Otjiwarongo
Lodging located on the property used by the CCF. Excellent option if you want to learn about cheetah's and their conservation
A friendly well run guest house in the town of Otjiwarongo
Mid sized hotel in Otjiwarongo offering both lodge & hotel style accommodation. All the usual facilities including a pool, air-conditioned rooms and a restaurant
A large, well stocked, privately owned game reserve. Excellent for sightings of wild dogs and other endangered species
Situated to the north of the Waterberg Plateau (which is unusual as most lodges are toward the south) this highly recommenced lodge offers spacious comfortable rooms and plenty of activities
Situated on a private game reserve this is one of the oldest lodges in Namibia and has seen several historic events including the signing of an agreement pivotal to Namibia gaining independence. Offers a range of suites & luxury rooms.
Okonjima Main Camp is the oldest and most affordable of the lodges at the AfriCat foundation.
Without a doubt one of the best lodges in Namibia, add leopard and cheetah viewing to stunning accommodation and well prepared meals and this place is a complete winner
A private two bed room suite, comes complete with own swimming pool, lounge and kitchen. Private chef and meals can be arranged or guests can visit Bush Camp.
Large private complex, includes all modern luxuries. Enjoyed by international movie stars and corporate moguls - but available to any group wanting to stay!
accommodation and private game reserve only 4km south of Otjiwarongo
A large game farm which numbers the rare White Rhino amongst its species.
Small 8 room guest farm with an emphasis on conserving the natural eco-systems
The NWR run camp situated on the slopes of the plateau. Fairly standard and slightly overpriced accommodation, the old police station which has been converted to a restaurant is a scenic (if not taste) highlight.
Excellent choice for walking and visiting the highlights of the area
On the same property aw the Waterberg Wilderness Lodge but situated higher up the mountain offering excellent views
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.