Chobe Savanna Lodge
East Caprivi - Namibia
Chobe Savanna Lodge is set on the Namibian banks of the Chobe River, at the northern extremity of the Chobe National Park. It is located on an expanse of vast floodplains and savanna, called the Puku Flats, so called because of the rare Puku, an antelope of similar size and stature to an Impala found only in this area. It occupies a stunning position beside the river, and is really a luxury hotel in the bush.
It has it's own select atmosphere, rich and colourful in African culture, traditions, customs and architecture. The emphasis at this exclusive establishment, is on relaxation, leisurely activities and superb game viewing. As it is set amongst an abundance of diverse and prolific wildlife, lion, large herds of elephant and buffalo, frequently come to the rivers edge to drink and graze.
The main building at the lodge, has been constructed using a combination of thatch and timber balustrades. There is a lounge, library, dining room and the open-sided 'game viewing bar', a most popular area to quench your thirst, with superb views over the Chobe River and beyond. Furniture, sourced from as far away as Asia and the Americas, has been harmonized with the African inspired interior, to create a unique 'savanna feel' to the lodge environment. There is also a splash pool, with lazy-loungers and sun shades provided.
Accommodation is in 12 tastefully furnished, twin-bedded, stylish thatch and brick suites.
Activities at the lodge are diverse and interesting. In addition to game drives by 4x4 vehicle, there are private motor boats for water born game viewing, and guided walking safaris along the river banks, accompanied by professional guides. Guided canoe excursions, in Canadian style canoes, and night game drives along the river are a favourite, as are boat excursions to a nearby traditional village, where authentic tribal African life can be encountered. Fishing, birding and photography, are favourite pastimes in and around the lodge.
Visitors to the area are reminded that as the lodge is set in a National Park, self-night drives and off-road driving are not permitted.
Children are welcome, but parents/guardians must take note there are no babysitting services.
The Savanna Lodge is a perfect place for travellers looking for an exclusive Chobe River experience.
- Game drives
- Full or half-day trips with a picnic lunch allow to view abundant elephant and other big game species up close. The large predators are never far away. There are also 3hr game drives departing 3 times a day as well.
- Boat cruises
- Chobe River cruises are an exciting and adventurous way to view frequent sightings of elephant, hippo, buffalo, crocs, puku and the many species of water birds. Cruises are led by expert guides, available throughout the day.
- for the legendary Tigerfish and several species of Bream not only provides an exciting fishing experience, but excellent game viewing (crocodile, hippo, elephant, buffalo) and birding as well. Equipment is provided, and a knowledgeable guide is on hand for all expeditions. Fishing is done by boat positioned near banks and mid-river rocks. Equipment provided. A knowledgeable guide is on hand for all expeditions.
- Victoria Falls Day Trip
- A full day trip to one of the 7 natural wonders of the world – Victoria Falls which is also a World Heritage Site. Activities can also be arranged, a straightforward transfer there and back or a guided is available.
- Cultural visit
- Witness authentic tribal life in a nearby traditional village.
- Hundreds of species of birds have been recorded in the area including many woodland and waterbirds.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Mamili & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic, the food awesome and the situation idyllic - resulting in some of the best value for money accommodation in Namibia
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi River on an adventurous houseboat holiday
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain's from its situation in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
This is the only place in the world where four countries meet. A wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A self catering family oriented lodge which offers excellent fishing opportunities
Traditionally one of the east Caprivi's most popular lodges has recently been re-opened
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
Brand new lodge in east Caprivi - ideal for exploring the wetlands of the Mamili National Park
situated on three small islands this is an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing expereinces on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
Close to the town of Katima Mulilo in the east Caprivi
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.