Accommodation in Walvis Bay
The Courtyard Hotel is predominantly a business hotel in Walvis Bay, but it welcomes other travellers. It is located close to the lagoon, (Walvis Bay's special attraction) and is only a few minutes walk from the town centre.
The main building has a restaurant, bar and dining area. There is a laundry service, disabled access, Wi-Fi Internet connection and secure parking. Breakfast is included in the rates and lunch and dinner can be ordered on request. There are several well-known restaurants in the vicinity.
There are 18 rooms:
- Single Rooms: 8 Single Rooms have, an en-suite bathroom, TV, telephone, Wi-Fi, fridge, fan, tea/coffee station and an in-room safe.
- Double Rooms: 8 larger Double Rooms have similar facilities to the Single Rooms and come equipped with a desk. 1 of the rooms has self-catering facilities with a mini-stove and microwave and similar facilities to the Single Rooms.
- Family Rooms: 2 Family Rooms have similar facilities to the Single/Double rooms and include a double bed, single bed and a cot.
The Courtyard Hotel welcomes children of all ages and are 'pet friendly.'
Worth seeing in Walvis Bay, is the local museum in the Civic Centre, the Birdlife Information Centre and the wooden Rhenish mission, church established in 1880. 'Dune 7,' at the outskirts of town, is the highest sand dune in the area, and has stunning views from the top.
The Courtyard Hotel in Walvis Bay is an ideal base to visit other locations in the region, including Arandis, Cape Cross, Henties Bay, Skeleton Coast Park, Swakopmund, (and it's coastal area) and Woltzkasbaken.
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flaura & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
5km from the town center and within walking distance of the lagoon
A business hotel close to the town center
This colonial style lodge on the Walvis Bay Lagoon is the ideal place from which to explore the central Namibian coast
A cosy lodge situated close to the lagoon and many other amenities.
A small hotel in Walvis Bay
Well situated with views over the lagoon and close to the ever popular Raft Restaurant.
A friendly & relaxing eight roomed guest house
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.