Eagle Tented Camp
Etosha - Namibia
Eagle Tented Camp is situated south of Etosha NP and on the same property as Epacha Game Lodge. It can be used as a base from which to explore Etosha and the camp offers day and night game drives around the reserve with the option of a spa treatment afterwards. It is home to 21 antelope species as well as the endangered black rhino and rare sable antelope.
Your accommodation provides breathtaking views over the surrounding mountains and valleys. This charismatic lodge is built from natural rock. Here, modern day luxuries combine perfectly with the raw Namibian bush. A more informal, personal touch has been emphasized than its big brother, Epacha Game Lodge.
The fully-equipped Spa has aroma and mud baths, hydro therapies, pedicures, manicures, massages, yoga and Thelaso therapy. Their well-trained therapists will spoil you with unforgettable care and attention. These treatments are the ideal way to relax after a hard days game viewing in Etosha National Park.
The wellness spa comprises of a sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, thelaso room and open treatment area. Guests can relax in the infinity or splash pools, enjoy a massage on the open deck, or if they prefer, in their very own private lounge.
Eagle Tented Camp and Spa boasts Standard and Luxury Tents. All tents have a private, raised wooden balcony with a splash pool.
- Standard Tents: 8 standard spacious canvas tents are all equipped with en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin. Mosquito nets, a fan, tea/coffee station, 'early morning wake-up call' telephone and a safe are standard.
- Luxury Tents: 8 luxury canvas tents have a large outside deck with a comfortable bathtub, ideal for stargazing and striking views over the Epacha Wildlife Sanctuary. Step inside to a spacious lounge and en-suite bathroom with a shower and separate toilet. Other facilities are a fan, mosquito nets, a mini-fridge and tea/coffee station. The tents are covered with shade netting.
The restaurant is connected to the bar by a bridge walkway. Breakfast is a buffet or a 'breakfast bag' for the 'early starter', lunch & dinner are both on offer.
Guests can partake in selected activities. Epacha morning and afternoon game drives, Etosha day excursions and clay-pigeon shooting are all at your disposal. Great for safari groups, families, or independent self drive travellers.
- Game drives Epacha Game Reserve
- A relaxing drive around the reserve in an open 4x4 vehicle, game-viewing to the backdrop of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Night drives Epacha Game Reserve
- The reserve has a number of nocturnal creatures. Looking out for their startled, beady eyes on a spot-lit night drive is a feature.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Join an organized 4x4 safari into the park accompanied by an experienced guide. The camp is only a short drive from Okaukuejo and the game viewing and waterholes begin as soon as you enter Andersson's Gate.
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Try your luck at targets of the inanimate kind. Shotguns and ammunition supplied.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, very close to the main, Andersson, entrance to Etosha Park
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundaries. It is a smaller lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Only 10km's from the park, Etosha Safari Camp offers good quality budget accommodation
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
On the far western edge of the park, just outside the Galton Gate, this is an excellent location to explore Etosha, Damaraland and the remote Kaokoland area
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Accommodation in permanently erected tents, 14km south of the park
Extremely popular and busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
A brand new campsite inside Etosha Park. No accommodation is available here and this only caters for self-sufficient campers. A highlight of the camp is the unique hide which overlooks the camps waterhole
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
This small family owned and managed guest farm is situated in easy driving distance of Etosha. The tranquil gardens and homely atmosphere make for a relaxed stay far from the crowds of the more commercial lodges
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.