Eagle Tented Camp
Etosha - Namibia
Eagle Tented Camp is situated south of Etosha National Park (Links) and on the same property as Epacha Game Lodge. The Epacha Game Reserve is home to 21 antelope species, as well as the endangered Black Rhino and rare Sable antelope. It provides breathtaking views over the surrounding mountains and valleys!
This charismatic lodge is built from natural rock. Here, modern day luxuries combine perfectly with the raw African bush. A more informal, personal touch has been emphasized than its big brother, Epacha Game Lodge.
The fully-equipped Spa has aroma and mud baths, hydro therapies, pedicures, manicures, massages, yoga and Thelaso therapy. Their well-trained therapists will spoil you with unforgettable care and attention. These treatments are the ideal way to relax after a hard days game viewing in Etosha National Park.
The wellness spa comprises of a sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, thelaso room and open treatment area. Guests can relax in the infinity or splash pools, enjoy a massage on the open deck, or if they prefer, in their very own private lounge.
Eagle Tented Camp and Spa boasts Standard and Luxury Tents. All tents have a private, raised wooden balcony with a splash pool.
- Standard Tents: 8 standard spacious canvas tents are all equipped with en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin. Mosquito nets, a fan, tea/coffee station, 'early morning wake-up call' telephone and a safe are standard.
- Luxury Tents: 8 luxury canvas tents have a large outside deck with a comfortable bathtub, ideal for stargazing and striking views over the Epacha Wildlife Sanctuary. Step inside to a spacious lounge and en-suite bathroom with a shower and separate toilet. Other facilities are a fan, mosquito nets, a mini-fridge and tea/coffee station. The tents are covered with shade netting.
The restaurant is connected to the bar by a bridge walkway. Breakfast is a buffet or a 'breakfast bag' for the 'early starter', lunch & dinner are both on offer.
Guests can partake in selected activities. Epacha morning and afternoon game drives, Etosha day excursions and clay-pigeon shooting are all at your disposal. Great for groups, families, or independent travellers.
- Game drives Epacha Game Reserve
- A relaxing drive around the reserve in an open 4x4 vehicle, game-viewing to the backdrop of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Night drives Epacha Game Reserve
- The reserve has a number of nocturnal creatures. Looking out for their startled, beady eyes on a spot-lit night drive is a feature.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Join an organized 4x4 safari into the park accompanied by an experienced guide. The camp is only a short drive from Okaukuejo and the game viewing and waterholes begin as soon as you enter Andersson's Gate.
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Try your luck at targets of the inanimate kind. Shotguns and ammunition supplied.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, just south of the Andersson entrance to Etosha.
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundries. It is a small personal lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park.
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Budget accommodation, close to the Anderson Gate
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Extremely busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
A non-profit organisation aimed at conserving Namibia's cheetah population
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.