Swakopmund - Namibia
The Hotel Eberwein, or 'Villa Wille' as it was first known, was originally built in 1909 by Hermann Wille, an architect and building engineer. Converted into a first class hotel in 1999, the exterior structure of the building has remained untouched, and the charm and charisma associated with Swakopmund of earlier decades remains.
The hotel is only a short stroll from the beach, and is set amongst early 20th century buildings and a near-by well-maintained park. There are a wide variety of shops in and around the vicinity.
There is a breakfast room and the hotel serves a sumptuous breakfast buffet. Guests can relax and unwind in the lounge after enjoying a day's activities, and the well-stocked bar can provide for the odd tipple or night-cap!
All Standard and Luxury Rooms at the Hotel Eberwein are beautifully furnished.
- Standard Rooms: En-suite bathrooms, twin or double beds, TV, telephone, mini-bar/fridge, a fan, tea/coffee station, an in-room safe, a hair-dryer and under floor heating throughout each room.
- Victorian Luxury Rooms: 4 Victorian luxury rooms are in the old historic part of the building pinpointed by the preservation of stucco ceilings, windows and doors of the original structure. Similar facilities to the Double Rooms apply.
- Honeymoon Suite: An upmarket luxury room with double/luxury room facilities. Extra attention to detail has been spent on the suite which includes room service.
The hotel has a secure underground parking garage and German, Afrikaans and English are spoken here.
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flaura & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Situated close to the beach & the town center. This hotel offers a wide choice of room types making it the perfect choice for every budget
Right in the middle of town, the Hansa is over 100 years old and still offers top quality accommodation
Hotel situated close to the town center, decorated in a Victorian style
Centrally located hotel with old world German style
Situated out of town on the Rossmund Golf course, one of the world's best desert courses.
Currently being completely rebuilt
Recently opened 21 roomed boutique hotel in central Swakopmund.
A large hotel, based around the historic railway station. Complete with casino, bars and restaurants
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.