Etango Ranch Guest Farm
Accommodation close to Windhoek
The family managed Etango Ranch Guest Farm is a 4,300 ha multi-purpose working ranch, situated 4 kilometers from Hosea Kutako International Airport. Namibia's capital city Windhoek lies 45kms to the east. This convenient location would suit self-drive tourists who wish to spend their first and last night in Namibia, especially those with an early departure. Guests need not worry too much about the noise, the ranch lies parallel to the runway, and is virtually undisturbed by take-off and landing sounds.
The guest farm is part of the 125,000 ha Namatanga Conservancy, a vast and beautiful area where mountains, the Kalahari sand and central highland ecosystems overlap, creating an environment of unrivaled bio-diversity. It is also a well-known birding 'hot-spot'.
The comfortable main complex has a lounge-cum-dining room and bar. There is also a crystal-clear splash pool and for sunbathers, a well-kept lawn, surrounded by indigenous succulent plants and trees. The stone & concrete pathways lead to a communal fireplace and to the accommodation, consisting of:
- Bungalows: The 3 bungalows each have spacious2 room, an en-suite bathroom with a large shower and twin or double beds. Air-conditioning, extra large beds, 2 luggage racks and a tea/coffee station are standard.
- Rooms: There are 2 en-suite double rooms, (without air-conditioning), called 'The Nest'. They have a large living-cum-dining room, with TV (DEUKOM & DSTV) and a veranda. The private thatched lapa, brings excellent birding opportunities, as does the pond and the well-maintained garden.
Activities from Etango include morning and afternoon scenic drives, birding breakfasts, guided nature walks on dedicated routes and trails where an insight into the local flora and fauna can be learnt. There is also a fascinating tour centered around the Namibian farming experience, including cattle ranching, vaccinations, tagging, sheep dipping, fence repairs, water-supply and farm maintenance.
Whether entering or leaving Namibia, (via the Windhoek International Airport) or perhaps just in search of true Namibian hospitality, then Etango Ranch Guest farm is the place for you! It is the best place to stay, for that early morning trip to the airport.
- Scenic drives:
- Afternoon - Enjoy the breath-taking beauty of the diverse landscape at Etango Ranch Guestfarm. While savouring your sundowner, in the vast bush-veld, watch while the sun explodes into magnificent colours and disappears below the horizon. On your return absorb the warm welcome of the open fire beneath the stars. - Departure during winter is at 16h00 and in summer at 17h00. Duration is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Morning - After a mouth watering, typical Namibian breakfast, tantalize your adventure-buds while we venture out and explore the rest of the farm. The drive takes us through the foothills of the Bismarck Mountains. Allow the silence and tranquility to capture your soul, while we share information about our farming operation, the fauna and flora. Often we are fortunate to see the Hartmann's Zebra, often well camouflaged by the surrounding landscape.
- Birding breakfast
- birding enthusiasts can enjoy breakfast whilst surrounded by the sweet sound of the birds that have made Etango farm their home in large flocks.
- Nature Walks
- For the adventurer at heart: venture off into the wild on foot, following our dedicated walking routes. Join our nature walk accompanied by our experienced tour guide who offers insight into the farming operations, fauna and flora, as well as the opportunity of close encounters with our game species. All guided Nature Walks must be booked in advance.
- guests can also experience the world of a Namibian farmer - cattle ranching, vaccinations, tagging, sheep dipping, fence repairs, water-supply maintenance etc.
The Ranch is 45 km east of Windhoek and 4km from the Airport Terminal. We consider ourselves fortunate - the Ranch lies parallel to the Runway and is pretty undisturbed by take-off and landing noises. Road access is easy and uncomplicated: from the tarmac National Road (Trans Kalahari Highway - B6) onto a well-maintained farm road (1.5km to the premises).
A privately owned game farm, with a good variety of wildlife just a short distance south of Windhoek.
Newly built lodge in a small well stocked game reserve west of Windhoek
This lodge is very popular amongst those seeking leopard and cheetah viewing close to Windhoek. Regular feedings guarantee great sightings and photographic opportunities
A relaxing lodge in the Eros Mountains (named after a local fruit and not the goddess of love) around 30km north of the city
Opposite the Windhoek International Airport, close enough to be extremely convenient but far enough away that planes are not a distraction. Great for those arriving late or leaving early, as cuts out the 45km drive from Windhoek/
One of Namibia's most popular spas with the added bonus of top game viewing.
Between Windhoek and the International Airport lies this interesting cattle & game farm
family friendly, mid range lodge in rural location
a wildlife sanctuary offering quality accommodation in a tranquil environment
large lodge on a large well stocked game farm, lion feeding included
On a large private game farm close to the Windhoek International Airport, ideal for those not wanting to travel into Windhoek before or after their arrival in Namibia
Offering horse riding, spa treatments and two swimming pools, this is a good family lodge
Close to the B1 road around 30 kilometers south of the city this lodge offers a good one night stopover for wary travellers
a few kilometers east of Windhoek this lodge offers unsurpassed views of the city from a setting in the Auas Mountains
20km north of the city, this tented lodge offers a quality self catering experience surrounded by the veld and wildlife
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.