Goibib Mountain Lodge
Grunau - southern Namibia
Goibib Mountain Lodge is a situated in southern Namibia and is a useful stopover for those travelling between South Africa and Namibia. It offers a tranquil getaway right in the heart of the Great Karas Mountains. The Karas region is the southernmost, and the driest area in Namibia. It is flanked by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, South Africa and Botswana to the east and the Orange River border lies to the south.
Goibib Mountain Lodge is ideally positioned as a base from which to explore the scenic beauty of Southern Namibia, including the Fish River Canyon, Quiver Tree Forest, Brukaros Volcanic Crater, and Ais-Ais Hot Springs.
The main building has been converted from an old farmhouse. There is a restaurant that serves '4star' cuisine from the lodges own 'local menus', a bar and a lounge. A picnic lunch can also be arranged for full day activities.
Guests can enjoy refreshments at the pool bar, or cool down by taking a dip in the swimming pool. Laundry and babysitting facilities are available on request.
The lodge comprises of 8 spacious en-suite room. Each room has local and satellite television channels, air-conditioning, a radio, mini bar, built-in safe, and a tea/coffee station. A wireless Internet connectivity is available on site. All rooms are serviced daily.
The beauty of the surrounding veld, can be enjoyed in the morning or afternoon, on foot or from the one of the lodge's air-conditioned four-wheel-drive (4WD) vehicles. A variety of game can be viewed, including kudu, springbok, gemsbok and ostriches, as well as smaller species such as rock dassies and the elusive steenbok.
Goibib Mountain Lodge has plenty of walking trails in and around the farm, and are now specializing in spotlit night game drives.
Twitcher's can get a birds-eye-view of the brightly coloured Rosy Faced Lovebirds, and may even catch a glimpse of a Kori Bustard or Black Eagle in full flight.
Stargazers can take full advantage of the many clear night skies, by requesting the use of one of lodges telescopes.
- Nature Drives
- Guests are able to enjoy early morning or evening nature drives in comfortable, air-conditioned 4Wheel Drive vehicles, which easily navigate the terrain.
- Sunrise Nature Drive
- Awaken at daybreak to witness a spectacular Namibian sunrise and experience Goibib Mountain Lodge coming to life for another special day. An experienced and knowledgeable driver will take guests on a 1-2 hour game-watching adventure. Thereafter guests may enjoy breakfast in the great outdoors.
- Sun Downer Nature Drive
- The sun downer nature drive begins late afternoon, after the heat of the day. This 1-2 hour game-watching excursion is guided by an experienced and informative driver and allows for unhurried observation of wildlife. The drive concludes with guests experiencing a magnificent Namibian sunset. As night falls and guests return to the lodge for dinner, one may catch a glimpse of the nocturnal wildlife inhabiting Goibib Mountain Lodge.
- As an alternative to guided nature drives, guests are able to order a delicious fresh picnic basket, containing all kind of goodies, and self drive their vehicle into the veld to view wildlife for the day.
- Self-guided Hikes
- Guests are welcome to explore the surrounds at Goibib Mountain Lodge at their own leisurely pace, enjoying the sun, blue skies and fresh air.
- Mountain Bike Excursions
- At Goibib Mountain Lodge, guests are able to enjoy a mountain bike adventure at their own pace.
- Bird Watching
- Goibib Mountain Lodge is home to numerous species of birds. The largest being the Ostrich, the Kori Bustard being the heaviest flying bird and the most enchanting is the Rosy-faced Lovebirds. Another familiar resident that can be found sharing enormous nests crafted by the Weavers is the Pygmy Falcon. Bird books are available to assist guests in the identification of regional bird species'. Guests may bird-watch at their leisure.
- Goibib Mountain Lodge is the perfect location for stargazing as the skies of Southern Namibia are unpolluted, clear and free of city lights. Telescopes are available for guests to use, on request.
Cabana's and permanently erected tents on the banks of the Orange River. This camp also serves as the starting base for several river rafting & canoeing adventures
An owner run lodge, set in a scenic and mountainous area, just off the main road between Keetmanshoop & Grunau. Comfortable well equipped rooms are complimented by game drives (including night drives) on the large farm
Nestled in the great valley of the Karas region and situated on the banks of the Orange River, about 50km from the South African / Namibia border post
The Orange River Lodge is situated near Noordoewer on the border between South Africa and Namibia
A small lodge set on the third biggest game reserve in Namibia. Expect tranquility and a very personalised service in a remote environment
Not quite Washington DC! This remote accommodation is basic but extremely popular with those looking for good honest accommodation.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.