Hakusembe River Lodge
Rundu - the Kavango - Namibia
Hakusembe River Lodge is situated 15 km west of Rundu. Many tourists and travellers alike, stay at the lodge for a couple of nights, either on their way to the Caprivi Strip from Etosha National Park, and back again to Windhoek.
Guests can look forward to a warm and jolly welcome from their hosts after a hard, dusty day's drive. The thatched main lodge area has a reception, swimming pool, restaurant, bar with a small seating area.
An English breakfast, light lunch, and the more traditional fare of fish, venison or game steaks are served for dinner. The lodge pride themselves on their 'gordon bleu', specialty cooking, and a buffet style service will be introduced for larger groups. There is also disabled access, a laundry service and an Internet connection.
Accommodation is in either river facing en-suite bungalows or a floating chalet. Children of all ages are welcome here. There are:
Activities from Hakusembe River Lodge include guided river safaris, an early morning guided bird watching walk, (over 400 species have been spotted locally), bream and tiger-fishing, (you can have your tiger fish mounted by the lodge!!) and the very popular champagne sunset cruises. Water ski-ing can also be organized on request.
- Set out for a full day boat tour on the Kavango River fishing for the renowned tigerfish amongst other. Skipper and fishing equipment provided.
- Many birds frequent the river themselves searching for fish and insects as well as nesting in riverine vegetation. Cruise the waterways for approximately 1.5hrs.
- Sunset Champagne Cruise
- Watching the sun set over the still waters of the Kavango River is an ideal way to end your day. Join other travellers and enjoy a drink and a snack as evening falls.
- Picnic safari
- Cross the border into Watu, Angola for lunch on this 2hr trip.
- Canoe Safari
- Paddle up the river and enjoy a picnic lunch en-route.
- Cultural tour
- Visit the Living Museum - an active and authentic way of presenting ancient traditional culture. Ukumwe, a local group of drummers and dancers, will perform for you during or after dinner
An upmarket lodge and spa on the banks of the Kavango River
Small lodge situated close to the town of Rundu
Another lodge close to Rundu, offers good fishing
Situated on the banks of the river (hence the name) in Rundu
Situated close to the Mahangu Park in west Caprivi - this is an excellent stop-over between Namibia, Maun (in Botswana) and the Victoria Falls
A rustic river side campsite and lodge offering excellent value for money
Close to Popa Falls and the Mahango Reserve this lodge offers stunning river views
Refreshingly, and surprisingly for the area, this lodge does not have the word 'River' as part of its name. Do not be misled it is situated on the banks of the river opposite the Caprivi Game Park (Bwabwata National Park)
Close to the Popa Falls, this rest camp was renovated in 2013
on the Kavango River banks this lodge offers plenty of water based activities
A new lodge on the banks of the Kavango River, near the village of Divundu, offering mokoro trips, fishing and sunset river cruises
On a beautiful plot of indigenous plants and trees overlooking the river
One of the best lodges for birders visiting Namibia - but also great for fishing, chilling or generally becoming part of the family
A small lodge a short distance east of Rundu. The rooms have river views and guests can choose from a range of activities
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.