Lodge accommodation close to Windhoek
Hochland Nest Lodge is a 40min drive west of Windhoek, and makes an ideal break away from the capital city and is a popular destination for tourists to start or end their journey in Namibia. The lodge is unique in that it's right next to the Friedenau Dam, which has water throughout the year.
The conservancy area around this dam, is home to mountain zebra, kudu and oryx and many other species of antelope. The spectacular birdlife includes fish eagle, hamerkop and yellow hornbill.
The lodge has a cozy and intimate feel to it, generated by the warmth from their friendly staff towards each and every guest. The thatched dining and lounge area, (with inviting fireplace) opens onto a spacious wooden deck, affording uninterrupted views of the magnificent environment. Traditional Namibian food is served and should be complimented by a glass or two of a fine South African wine. An added bonus is that wildlife can often be observed from these vantage points.
There is a swimming pool with fantastic views of the dam, and other services include battery charging for video and digital cameras, a laundry service and secure parking. Private functions and conferences, for up to 30 people, can also be organized here.
Accommodation is in either Standard or Luxury Rooms. Built with generous spacing between units, complete privacy is ensured. As the lodge only sleeps a maximum of 20 guests, it is a perfect spot to enjoy a good nights sleep, especially before that early start on an onward journey.
Activities include nature drives in open 4 x4 vehicles, morning walking trails, bird watching, fishing, nature or sunset drives, sunset boat cruises, fishing, and half day boat trips for a max of 3 people.
Hochland Nest Lodge. For those last few nights of your Namibian self-drive itinerary, in a tranquil bush environment.
- Nature drives
- Excursions around the Friedenah Dam are conducted in open 4 x4 vehicles. Expect to view zebra, kudu and oryx and other species of antelope.
- Walking trails/Morning walks
- Follow a path or a trail around the conservancy area in search of game, birdlife and plant life.
- Bird watching
- African fish eagle, hamerkop and yellow hornbill can be observed at Hochland's Nest and in the vicinity of the dam.
- Hochland's Nest have a small motor boat for anglers to try their luck netting some of the dam's inhabitants.
- Nature/Sunset Drives
- Animals often come to the water's edge just before dark for a drink. The hour before sunset is ideal for both game viewing and photography.
- Boat trips
- An early morning boat ride offers the chance for some animal activity close to the water. An afternoon sortie on Hochland's gravy boat can lead onto a sunset cruise.
A privately owned game farm, with a good variety of wildlife just a short distance south of Windhoek.
Newly built lodge in a small well stocked game reserve west of Windhoek
This lodge is very popular amongst those seeking leopard and cheetah viewing close to Windhoek. Regular feedings guarantee great sightings and photographic opportunities
A relaxing lodge in the Eros Mountains (named after a local fruit and not the goddess of love) around 30km north of the city
Opposite the Windhoek International Airport, close enough to be extremely convenient but far enough away that planes are not a distraction. Great for those arriving late or leaving early, as cuts out the 45km drive from Windhoek/
One of Namibia's most popular spas with the added bonus of top game viewing.
A pleasant little lodge which offers fishing opportunities at the nearby Friedendau Dam
Between Windhoek and the International Airport lies this interesting cattle & game farm
family friendly, mid range lodge in rural location
a wildlife sanctuary offering quality accommodation in a tranquil environment
large lodge on a large well stocked game farm, lion feeding included
On a large private game farm close to the Windhoek International Airport, ideal for those not wanting to travel into Windhoek before or after their arrival in Namibia
Offering horse riding, spa treatments and two swimming pools, this is a good family lodge
Close to the B1 road around 30 kilometers south of the city this lodge offers a good one night stopover for wary travellers
a few kilometers east of Windhoek this lodge offers unsurpassed views of the city from a setting in the Auas Mountains
20km north of the city, this tented lodge offers a quality self catering experience surrounded by the veld and wildlife
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.