Windhoek International Airport
Hohewarte Guestfarm is situated only 45km from Namibia's capital city Windhoek and a mere 30km from Hosea Kutako International Airport. It is situated in the Namantanga Conservancy Area and is nestled in a landscape dominated by bush savannah, dry rivers, rolling hills and picturesque mountains.
This makes it a perfect destination for an initial or final stay or your Namibian holiday. The closest translation to 'Hohewarte' is a 'point high up with a view'.
The main building is steeped in history, with 100 years of tradition. This charismatic and charming rustic house was once a colonial police station and post office. Guests spend can spend their spare time lounging by the pool to soak up the sun, or enjoy an unforgettable Namibian sunset from the 'sundowner spot' that overlooks the farm.
Hohewarte Guestfarm recently received the Silver Award of Excellence 2009, from the Hospitality Association of Namibia. They promise to 'spoil you with genuine Namibian hospitality' and to 'tickle your taste buds' with a variety of game dishes, including oryx, springbok and hartebeest from the farm, all complemented by a fine selection of South African wines. All of the meals are set and prepared in the main kitchen and served in the family dining area.
Accommodation is in:
- Guest Rooms: There are 4 comfortable guest rooms with tea/coffee station located in the main building. Some of the rooms have en-suite facilities, whilst others share a separate bathroom. Gauze netting is fitted to the windows. Hohewarte is a 'base cool' location and there is no requirement for air-conditioning, fans or mosquito nets. An in-room safe is standard. Splendid views of the Olifants River can be enjoyed from your private verandah.
- Bungalows: There are 2 bungalows set close to the farm's pool. The facilities are similar to the Guest Rooms.
Apart from cattle farming, a wide variety of game such as oryx, kudu, zebra, hartebeest, steenbok, cheetah and leopard are around. Ornithologists can spot the 'usual suspects' at Hohewarte.
An unusual feature at Hohewarte Guestfarm is a car storage facility. They offer 'out of Namibia' travellers the opportunity for safe parking in one of their outbuildings for an extended period of time. Your vehicle will be sheltered from the sun, wind and rain in buildings spacious enough to accommodate 23 (twenty-three) 4x4 vehicles, including roof carriers and roof tents. There is also a sedan carport.
The service extends to a car wash, tyre pressure checks and battery charging to coincide with your return and collection. An extensive maintenance service including custom-built or spare parts, and overall servicing can be arranged.
- Walking Trails
- Guided or unguided walking & nature walks and trails on the Hohewate farm
- mountain walks
- Guided or unguided mountain walks are available
- Scenic game drives
- explore the farm and the resisdent wildlife
- Horse rifing
- Guided horseback riding
- Windhoek City visit
- Windhoek is only 45km from the guestfarm.
- The opportunity to marvel at the grand starry skies of the southern hemisphere is too good to miss. Visible to the naked eye are constellations such as Orion and the Seven Sisters (Pleiades), which means 'dove' in English. The biggest and brightest stars in this cluster are blue-white and some 5 times larger than the Sun .
on a privately owned game farm
Newly built lodge in a small well stocked game reserve
leopard and cheetah viewing close to Windhoek
A relaxing lodge in the Eros Mountains (named after a local fruit and not the goddess of love) around 30km north of the city
just opposite the Windhoek International Airport
full spa with some of the top game viewing in central Namibia
offers fishing opportunities as close to Friedendau dam
Between Windhoek and the International Airport lies this interesting cattle & game farm
family friendly, mid range lodge in rural location
a wildlife sanctuary offering quality accommodation in a tranquil environment
large lodge on a large well stocked game farm, lion feeding included
On a large private game farm close to the Windhoek International Airport, ideal for those not wanting to travel into Windhoek before or after their arrival in Namibia
Offering horse riding, spa treatments and two swiming pools, this is a good family lodge
a few kilometers east of Windhoek this lodge offers unsurpassed views of the city from a setting in the Auas Mountains
20km north of the city, this tented lodge offers a quality self catering experience surrounded by the veld and wildlife
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.