Caprivi Strip - Namibia
Kalizo Lodge is situated on the banks of the Zambezi River only 40kms east of Katima Mulilo and 250kms from the world famous Victoria Falls. The lush savannah area of the region is bordered by the Kwando, Linyanti, Chobe and the Zambezi Rivers, an area steeped in mysterious swamps and never-ending flood plains.
First time and return visitors thoroughly enjoy the world-class river fishing, birding, photography, boating and game viewing. The region is teeming with game and hippo, crocs and elephant can often be seen from the camp. This is an ideal place to stay for the self-catering tourist / family and it is also a suitable, yet exciting venue to host a conference, workshop or even a bush wedding.
As Kalizo Lodge has been under new ownership and management since early 2013, guests can expect a complete transformation of the accommodation as well as an upgrade to their kitchen, restaurant and bar areas. Relax and unwind in the open-plan, rustic style area on beautiful custom-made furniture with stunning views of the Zambezi River whilst wining and dining. A 46" LCD flat screen with DSTV has been installed in the bar for sports fans.
Mouth-watering home-style cooking is a feature at Kalizo Lodge. Meals are prepared with fresh ingredients with most vegetables, herbs and salads are organically grown in their very own veggie garden. An early morning snack of tea, coffee & rusks is on offer before guests head off on a busy day's schedule. On their return, a sumptuous brunch is awaiting and a 3-course dinner in the evening. The pool-side lapa is a favourite with guests of all ages. Self-caterers are welcome to book in for lunch and dinner.
Accommodation is pitched right at the waters edge offering peace and tranquillity, with uninterrupted river and sunset views. Electricity is supplied through a generator (Please note that no electrical appliances over 700w may be used.)
Luxury tents: These self-catering units, comprising of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and kitchenette and small braai/dining areas are equipped with basic self-catering facilities which includes crockery, cutlery, hotplate, kettle, fridge and glassware. Each tent has mosquito nets, plug points, bed linen/towels and are serviced once a day.
Buffalo, hippo, crocs, elephant, zebra, antelope, lion, giraffe, puku are common visitors to the area. Sightings of sitatunga, red lechwe, spotted-necked otters, waterbuck, Roan antelope, oribi and African wild dog are also possible.
- A river tour
- A maximum of ten people can explore the river from the Sir Osis of the River - these tours can be custom made to suit your requirements
- Game viewing
- with numerous species including buffalo, zebra, antelope, lion, giraffe, puku, sitatunga, red lechwe, spotted-necked otters, waterbuck, Roan antelope, oribi and African Wild Dog all found in the area excellent game viewing is available
- Guided birding walks
- If it is possible the bird life in the area is even more plentiful than the wildlife so birders have a lot to look forward to
- visits the local community
- visits to local villages and wood carvers can also be arranged
- sunset cruises and quad bikes excursions
- Yet more ways to explore the wildlife and scenic beauty of the area
- Fishing tackle
- is on sale at the small Kalizo Loge shop. The lodge's well-equipped boats, with rods and fishing tackle, not to mention their experienced guides, will accompany their guests to the best fishing locations on the river where bream and tiger fish await
- Photographic Boat:
- Seating six passengers plus your guide, the Photographic Boat allows for closer wildlife and photographic opportunities.
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic, the food awesome and the situation idyllic - resulting in some of the best value for money accommodation in Namibia
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
Two luxurious houseboats operate from Impalila Island and offer the opportunity of overnighting on the river in the Chobe National Park
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
situated on three small islands this is an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
Close to the town of Katima Mulilo in the east Caprivi
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.