Caprivi Strip - Namibia
Kalizo Lodge is situated only 40kms east of Katima Mulilo, 120kms from Kasane and only 250kms from the world famous Victoria Falls. The lush savannah area of the East Caprivi, is bordered by the Kwando, Linyanti, Chobe and the Zambezi Rivers, and is a region of mysterious swamps and never-ending flood plains. Wildlife in the Caprivi has recovered from years of poaching, and has superb conservation areas.
The region is teeming with game, and hippo, crocs and elephant can often be seen from the camp. This is an ideal place to stay for the self-catering tourist / family and it is also a suitable, yet exciting venue to host a conference, workshop or even a bush wedding! Guests of those who get hitched here, can tie empty cans and old boots to elephant's bottoms, to wish them luck as they proceed on their honeymoon!
An early morning snack of tea, coffee & rusks is on offer before guests head off on a busy day's schedule. On their return, a sumptuous brunch is awaiting and a 3 course dinner in the evening. The pool-side lapa is a favourite with guests, and the kids can play in the crystal clear pool, whilst mummy and daddy down a well-earned sundowner or two at the bar.
Accommodation at the lodge is either in chalets or self catering units.
Activities include day, overnight or longer trips to The Okavango, Chobe National Park or Victoria Falls. A different, but nevertheless rewarding way to view game is by a small airplane flight. A river tour on the Sir Osis of the River, (max 10 people) is also recommended, and these cruises are tailor-made to suit individual requirements.
Buffalo, zebra, antelope, lion, giraffe, puku are also common visitors to the area, and sightings of sitatunga, red lechwe, spotted-necked otters, waterbuck, Roan antelope, oribi and African Wild Dog are also possible.
The more traditional self-drive or 4x4 guided tours, guided birding walks and visits to local villages and wood-carving factories can also be arranged as can the ever-popular sunset cruises and quad bikes excursions. Fishing tackle is on sale at their small shop.
Bird watching and photography are all year round pursuits, and a large breeding colony of carmine bee-eaters can be viewed from the river, from mid-August to late November. Between April and December, the magnificent African skimmers are a familiar sight, and a leisurely boat cruise will reveal the ever-present fish eagle, herons, kingfishers and coppery tailed coucals.
Kalizo has the best tiger and bream fishing on the river! The lodge's well-equipped boats, with rods and fishing tackle, not to mention their experienced guides, will accompany their guests to the best fishing locations on the river.
Kalizo Lodge. A great getaway for the whole family!
- A river tour
- A maximum of ten people can explore the river from the Sir Osis of the River - these tours can be custom made to suit your requirements
- Game viewing
- with numerous species including buffalo, zebra, antelope, lion, giraffe, puku, sitatunga, red lechwe, spotted-necked otters, waterbuck, Roan antelope, oribi and African Wild Dog all found in the area excellent game viewing is available
- Guided birding walks
- If it is possible the bird life in the area is even more plentiful than the wildlife so birders have a lot to look forward to
- visits the local community
- visits to local villages and wood carvers can also be arranged
- sunset cruises and quad bikes excursions
- Yet more ways to explore the wildlife and scenic beauty of the area
- Fishing tackle
- is on sale at the small Kalizo Loge shop. The lodge's well-equipped boats, with rods and fishing tackle, not to mention their experienced guides, will accompany their guests to the best fishing locations on the river where bream and tiger fish await
- Photographic Boat:
- Seating six passengers plus your guide, the Photographic Boat allows for closer wildlife and photographic opportunities.
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic, the food awesome and the situation idyllic - resulting in some of the best value for money accommodation in Namibia
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain's from its situation in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
Two luxurious houseboats operate from Impalila Island and offer the opportunity of overnighting on the river in the Chobe National Park
This is the only place in the world where four countries meet. A wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A self catering family oriented lodge which offers excellent fishing opportunities
Traditionally one of the east Caprivi's most popular lodges has recently been re-opened
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
situated on three small islands this is an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing expereinces on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
Close to the town of Katima Mulilo in the east Caprivi
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.