Khorab Safari Lodge
Otavi - Namibia
Khorab Safari Lodge, situated 4km south of Otavi in the Central Highlands, offers basic but comfortable accommodation in African style bungalows. It has proved to be an ideal place to stop en-route to or from Rundu and the Caprivi Strip.
Khorab’s main building has a spacious bar area, relaxing couches, curio shop and breakfast room, all under a high thatched ceiling. Alternatively you could put your feet up and soak up the sun by the swimming pool.
Behind this complex and built around a lush, beautifully manicured garden is the accommodation.
- Thatched Bungalows: 10 Namibian style spacious Thatched Bungalows with en-suite bathrooms, 2 bedrooms with a double beds in each room, mosquito nets and ceiling fans. Every bungalow has a private terrace that overlooks the well-manicured garden.
- Luxury Chalets: Larger than the bungalows, all 4 Luxury Chalets have TV, air-conditioning and an outside braai area.
- Luxury House: The Luxury House sleeps 2 to 6 people and is ideal for families or small groups. There are 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an extra toilet. Sleep on double or twin beds. Braai outside.
Khorab Safari Lodge pride themselves on supporting local businesses. They harvest their own fruit and buy game meat and cheese from local farmers.
The kitchen’s aim is good quality and freshness. Healthy breakfasts, lunch and dinner served in the la-carte restaurant are the order for each and every day. Dinner menus include ostrich, local game, vegetarian dishes and mouth-watering desserts, all complemented with a wide selection of South African wines. Barbeque and traditional African braai evenings can also be arranged at this cool oasis on the way to Northern Namibia.
Although it is further from Etosha Park than most people would like in extreme cases this can be used as a base to visit Etosha.
Situated north-east of Grootfontein this serves as an gateway between the Caprivi and central Namibia
Around 80km north of Grootfontein this lodge offers an opportunity to meet San / Bushman community - and also acts as a gateway to Namibia's north east (the Kavango & Zambezi Region)
Ten kilometers outside of Otavi this lodge offers a relaxing environment and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birders
Initially a christian mission station this property was converted into a lodge in 1999. The Ghaub caves nearby are well worth a visit
Horse riding, game and beautiful surroundings are just some of the reasons to stay at this lodge
A convenient stop close to Otavi
Large resort offering a restaurant, bar and olympic sized pool in Tsumeb
Situated near the centre of Tsumeb this is a popular hotel.
A courtyard atmosphere, traditional garden and German cuisine can be found at this Tsumeb hotel.
Close encounters of the wild side - experience the Namibian veld on foot with Bruno, an enigmatic & knowledgeable guide
10 peaceful chalets provide accommodation at this lodge just north of Otavi
a campsite in a rural setting 80km north of Grootfontein on the main road towards Rundu & the Zambezi Region
Basic accommodation just a few kilometers from the town of Grootfontein
An eclectic lodge, allows for visits to a San community as well as offering reasonably priced overnight accommodation
Situated 20km west of Tsumeb
Between Otavi and Tsumeb.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.