Khorixas Rest Camp
Damaraland - Namibia
Not far from Khorixas, the traditional capital of Damaraland, is the Khorixas Rest Camp, an ideally situated base to visit the Burnt Mountain, Brandberg, Organ Pipes and Twyfelfontein. Rare and unusual stone formations, ancient rock engravings and strange geological wonders, have for decades tempted geologists, travellers and the curious to the region.
Facilities for the weary traveller include an 'a la carte' restaurant, a bar with satellite TV, and a curio kiosk. There is a safe in the office to lock up valuables. Secure parking is next to the rooms. After a welcoming dip in the pool, guests can relax and unwind at the tables and chairs provided.
Accommodation is in a total of 38 rooms. Some of the rooms are non-smoking.
- Single Rooms: 10 rooms with a single bed, air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom with shower, table/mirror, built in cupboards and a tea/coffee station
- Bush Chalets: 26 chalets with 2 x beds in each unit, en-suite bathroom with shower and air-conditioning. Most of the chalets are large and spacious with braai facilities. Others are smaller in size with a shared braai facility.
- Family Chalets: Both of the Family Chalets have 2 bedrooms and a self-catering kitchen. They also have an en-suite bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, built-in cupboards, TV's with DSTV hotel package.
The small town of Khorixas is named after the Khori bush (Salvadora persica). Although Khorixas Rest Camp is not luxurious, it is clean, inexpensive and unpretentious.
- Explore Damaraland
- Visit the highlights of Damaraland on self-drive excursions from Khorixas Lodge
This small lodge is located between Outjo and Khorixas - it was one of the first guest farms opened in Namibia
Situated in the tiny town of Uis, this lodge acts as a gateway to the Brandberg Mountain and other parts of the Erongo Region
We are absolutely convinced that this is where Nelly the Elephant decided to live, after deciding to run away from the circus!
Small private lodge situated near Twyfelfontein and several other major Damaraland attractions
This camp was started by Wilderness Safaris and is now managed by the local community. Expect luxury, desert elephants and rhino
Opened in November 2010, forming part of a well established lodge group, known for quality lodges at reasonable prices. Only 20km from Khorixas and within driving distance of the highlights of the area
A good quality lodge located close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. Excursions to the engravings and in search of desert adapted elephant
Situated in the town of Khorixas, this lodge may not have the most scenic setting but offers good accommodation at reasonable prices
A fairly basic establishment just outside the town of Khorixas
One of the most luxurious lodges in the area - accommodation is in luxury tents or more 'solid' suites.
As the name implies this is situated close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. A good quality lodge with reasonable rates.
Close to the Vingerklip rock formation, this lodge offers exciting views of the Ugab Plains
The Vingerklip is a 35m high finger like rock structure - this lodge has two swimming pools and apart from being close to Vingerklip is in close proximity to Twyfelfontein, Burnt Mountain, Petrified Forest and other wonders of Damaraland
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.