Guest Farm Kiripotib
Accommodation in the Kalahari Desert - Namibia
Kiripotib Guest Farm is situated some 160 kms, south-east of both the capital city of Namibia, Windhoek and it's International Airport. It can be reached by driving within sight of both the Auas and Bismarck mountain ranges, and the camelthorn tree filled savannah, gives ample opportunity to view a variety of wildlife on the way.
It is a very popular start and finish destination, especially for self-drive tourists, as it is the nearest gateway to the Kalahari. Visitors will receive a warm welcome, on what is an authentic working sheep and cattle farm, in the heart of the Kalahari Desert. It is set amongst a seemingly endless vista of African grass savannah and rugged mountains, whilst not detracting from the amazing contrasts of the green Kalahari and the nearby rich red dunes.
Hans von Hase has developed the property into a successful sheep farm, whilst also building up the cattle ranching aspect of the business; no mean feat considering the erratic, annual rainfall in the area. Meanwhile, Hans's wife Claudia, has developed a karakul carpet weaving side to the enterprise, as well as developing a jewellery design studio. The gallery on the farm, boasts an array of beautiful artifacts, carefully sourced from all over Africa, and guests can enjoy a guided tour of the African Kirikara Art workshops. Here they can witness the weavers, spinners and even the goldsmith at work, discussing their own ideas is encouraged with the designers themselves!
Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be ordered and for guests on full day tours, lunch packs can be arranged. Afternoon tea/coffee and cake, is a treat to look forward after a day's action! The swimming pool offers welcome relief from the hot Namibian sunshine.Accommodation is in either rooms or chalets,
Activities include a tour of the Kiripotib farm itself, Kalahari nature experience, guided mountain hike or sundowner game drive, or a visit to a private observatory. There are hiking trails and a hide at a waterhole for birding and game viewing. Visitors can also learn of the difficulty of operating an active cattle and sheep ranching enterprise, in an arid semi-desert environment.
There is a transfers shuttle service to both the centre of Windhoek, and the International Airport.
- Farm tour
- witness the daily farm routines and learning more of the holistic methods successfully employed to combat the periods of drought that occur in this arid environment. This tour will also give visitors a full insight into Claudia von Hase's fascinating African Kirikara arts enterprise.
- Hiking trails
- either to the aloes, or through our game camp or even high into the local mountains.
- Sundowner game drive
- at a local private observatory
- Kalahari Nature Experience
- is a drive that may well take your breath away, an absolute must.
The Arnhem Caves are the largest in Namibia
Built from locally made red Kalahari clay bricks this is a wonderful lodge. Expect good food, stunning Kalahari sunsets and a warm welcome
An ideal stop over in the Kalahari en-route between Botswana and central Namibia
Hans and Claudia run an excellent guest farm - activities include game drives, learning about (and eating) local sheep, the art centre and carpet weaving. We think this is one of the best guest farms in Namibia
Offers a variety of accommodation styles from guest houses to a tented camp.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.