Kobo Kobo Hills Mountain Camp
Accommodation - Namibia
Kobo Kobo Hills is a rustic guest farm, set on 8,000ha of private land at the foot of the Khomas Hochland. It can be accessed from the gravel road that runs south of Karibib along the C32 for 100km into the mountains. Self-drive 4x4 enthusiasts can use the C28 via the Bosua Pass.
It is an ideal destination for self-drive tourists who prefer to get off the beaten track a bit when travelling to or from Windhoek to Swakopmund or Walvis Bay. For those seeking remote team-building excursions, dangling from a rock face on a piece of rope or just for 2 or 3 days of complete relaxation, peace and quiet, then Kobo Kobo Hills is for you.
There is no cellphone reception and paraffin and solar powered lamps are used for lighting. Meals are cooked on an open fire and served in the open dining area. Hot water is provided by solar power.
Breakfast and lunch are served in the lapa as is the evening meal. Jump into the swimming pool to escape the hot afternoon sun. Game can be viewed from the waterhole. Other facilities include a guest lounge and there is secure parking.
Accommodation at Kobo Kobo is in 8 thatched cottages set amongst granite boulders. They blend in beautifully with the surrounding environment. As the lodge is set amongst the mountains, cross-breezes negate the need for mosquito nets or fans.
- Game drives
- Scenic routes into the mountains to view Hartmann's mountain zebra, kudu, klipspringer, oryx warthog and baboons present photographic as well as game viewing moments.
- Well over 100 species of Namibian birds have been observed in the region ranging from hamerkop to eagles, buzzards, shrikes, sunbirds, bustards, francolin, hornbills, finches and weavers.
- For the more adventurous who prefer a controlled descent down a rock face using a rope.
- Walking in the natural environments around the mountainous and scenic terrain on the Kobo Kobo hiking trails.
- Horse trails
- The camp offers riders an unforgettable horseback adventure in the company of the resident wildlife.
Very friendly lodge with eclectic decor - good choice of accommodation in the Gamsberg area
Very popular with amateur astronomers due to the areas low light pollution
A remote & rustic camp at the foot of the Khomas Hochland mountains
On the edge of the escarpment this property offers stunning views over the Namib Desert plains. Accommodation choices include private campsites, luxury villas & traditional guest farm accommodation
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.