Kobo Kobo Hills Mountain Camp
Accommodation - Namibia
Kobo Kobo Hills is a rustic guest farm, set on 8,000ha of private land at the foot of the Khomas Hochland. It can be accessed from the gravel road that runs south of Karibib along the C32 for 100km into the mountains. Self-drive 4x4 enthusiasts can use the C28 via the Bosua Pass.
It is an ideal destination for self-drive tourists who prefer to get off the beaten track a bit when travelling to or from to or . For those seeking remote team-building excursions, dangling from a rock face on a piece of rope or just for 2 or 3 days of complete relaxation, peace and quiet, then Kobo Kobo Hills is for you.
Those on a self drive holiday in Namibia who desire a warm welcome, simple luxury and great food off the beaten track should head to Kobo Kobo Hills Mountain Camp. This quiet and intimate gem on the back route form Windhoek to Swakopmund / Walvis Bay is accessed by a final 10km drive along a farm track, comfortably reached by sedan or 4x4 vehicle.
This popular guest farm is set on 8,000ha of private land at the foot of the Khomas Hochland. Whether you are looking for a couple of days of complete relaxation, part of a remote team-building excursion or prefer to dangle from a rock face on a piece of rope then Kobo Kobo is for you. There is no cellphone reception here adding to the tranquillity of the camp. The rustic and eco-friendly experience is enhanced by the use of paraffin and solar power for lighting and hot water. Excellent meals are cooked on an open fire and all meals are are served in the lapa, an open dining area. After dinner the night sky is literally awash with stars and constellations, providing fascinating and interesting stargazing observations.
The swimming pool offers a welcome respite from the hot afternoon sun, especially after a long, dusty drive. Game can be viewed from the floodlit waterhole from the comfort of a viewing area. Visitors by day and night include mountain zebra, kudu, jackals, warthog, springbok, oryx and an array of interesting and colourful Namibian birds. Exchange travel stories and adventures with other guests in the lounge.
Guests stay in 8 thatched cottages, creatively built amongst granite boulders. Each one blends in beautifully with the surrounding environment. The elevated setting of Kobo Kobo Hills Mountain Camp allows for cross-breeze ventilation in your room, therefore negating the need for mosquito nets or fans.
During the day, there is as much climbing and hiking as you can manage. Photographic opportunities abound and although wildlife sightings present themselves en-route, they are never guaranteed. Game drives and guided walks can also be organized.
- Game drives
- Scenic routes into the mountains to view Hartmann's mountain zebra, kudu, klipspringer, oryx warthog and baboons present photographic as well as game viewing moments.
- Well over 100 species of Namibian birds have been observed in the region ranging from hamerkop to eagles, buzzards, shrikes, sunbirds, bustards, francolin, hornbills, finches and weavers.
- For the more adventurous who prefer a controlled descent down a rock face using a rope.
- Walking in the natural environments around the mountainous and scenic terrain on the Kobo Kobo hiking trails.
- Horse trails
- The camp offers riders an unforgettable horseback adventure in the company of the resident wildlife.
Very friendly lodge with eclectic decor - good choice of accommodation in the Gamsberg area
Very popular with amateur astronomers due to the areas low light pollution
A remote & rustic camp at the foot of the Khomas Hochland mountains
On the edge of the escarpment this property offers stunning views over the Namib Desert plains. Accommodation choices include private campsites, luxury villas & traditional guest farm accommodation
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.