Walvis Bay - Namibia
The Langholm Hotel in Walvis Bay, has a comfortable lounge and private bar (open until 22h00 every evening) and is nearby the lagoon, golf course and swimming pool. The hotel has a library and lounge, both indoor and outdoor braai facilities and there is secure, covered parking.
A generous breakfast is served at the Langholm Hotel every morning, and picnic baskets can be arranged for sightseeing trips out of the town. Although there are many restaurants and pubs within a short distance of the hotel, a three course dinner can be ordered from Sunday to Thursday nights, for those prefer to eat in.
Accommodation is in comfortable and tastefully furnished rooms. There are:
- Double bedrooms: Of the 12 double bedrooms, 9 have double beds and 3 twin/single beds. All of the rooms have an en-suite bathroom, direct dial telephones, a television with a selection of DSTV channels, a safe, fridge, and a tea/coffee station.
- Family Unit 3 person: A triple room for 2 adults and 1 child with similar facilities to the double bedrooms.
- Family Suites: 2 family suites are suitable for 2 adults and 2 children. One suite has a lounge and kitchenette and the other has an open-plan lounge, dining room/kitchen and visitors cloakroom. The facilities are similar to the Double Rooms. Some of the suites can accommodate up to 6 people, and can be converted into an en-suite office if required.
Excursions into the desert, the lagoon and surrounding areas can also be arranged. The Langham Hotel is also an ideal place for self-drive tours to Swakopmund and its museum, the Namibian Minerals Museum, the Crystal Gallery, the Weltwischia plain and Moonlandscape and the desert of the Topnaars. (Homeb and Gobabeb)
Transport to and from the airport can be arranged on request, and bicycles are available for hire.
The Langholm Hotel is a multi HAN Awards for Service Excellence winner.
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flaura & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
5km from the town center and within walking distance of the lagoon
A business hotel close to the town center
This colonial style lodge on the Walvis Bay Lagoon is the ideal place from which to explore the central Namibian coast
A cosy lodge situated close to the lagoon and many other amenities.
A small hotel in Walvis Bay
Well situated with views over the lagoon and close to the ever popular Raft Restaurant.
A friendly & relaxing eight roomed guest house
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.