Etosha Park - Namibia
Mushara Lodge is situated just 8 kilomterers from the eastern gate to Etosha National Park. This makes it a convenient base for self-drive tourists who wish to explore the eastern side of Etosha. Families are welcome here.
The lodge is situated on it’s own 2,500 ha private reserve. A variety of wildlife and birdlife can be found here, not too dissimilar to that of the park. Mushara is surrounded by the Purple Pod Terminalia tree, from lodge takes it's name. The green lawn is occasionally visited by local wildlife.
Overnight in Single, Double or a Family House. The rooms are arranged in a horse-shoe shape around the swimming pool:
- Single/Double Chalets: Each of the 10 double chalets and 2 single rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms with a shower and separate toilet, air conditioning, mosquito nets, fridge/mini-bar, safe, tea/coffee station, electric lights, direct dial telephone, electric sockets, wardrobe and luggage rack. Every chalet has a private patio with views of warthog and kudu frolicking on the lawn.
- Triple: For a small family the Triple Room has a shower and a bath with similar facilities and views to the chalets.
- Family House: Spacious unit with en-suite bathroom with a shower and a bath and similar facilities and views to the chalets:
For even more privacy and luxury, and on the same property, there is the more exclusive Villa Mushara. Mushara Outpost however, is 2km away with its own entrance and is completely separate from Mushara Lodge and Villa Mushara. Both have the same amenities as the other chalets, plus their own private terraces, plunge pools and outside showers.
Villa Mushara has two double suites while the Mushara Outpost has 8 rooms.
Many guests have commented on the restaurant’s quality food and attentive service. There is a set menu for lunch and dinner plus a breakfast buffet. For winter evenings there is a fireplace in the lounge and in summer meals can be enjoyed on the covered terrace. Fine wine, from Mushara's extensive wine cellar, and candlelight accompany delicious evening meals.
Those looking to relax may want to peruse the large library or visit the intimate bar, both of which are housed in the lodge's main thatched area.
Game drives can be arranged into Etosha National Park in specialised safari vehicles. Enjoy the warm welcome, excellent amenities and the freedom to explore at Mushara Lodge!
- Game Drives in Etosha
- The vehicles used for game drives have an all weather safety design for the wet and dry season - they offer a 360 degree open-air unobstructed view - optimal height for visibility in spacious and comfortable atmosphere - up-to-date game movement information and thereby a high success rate in game spotting.
A blend of African excitement & luxury are the order of the day at this luxury lodge
Small mid-price lodge close to the park gate - situated of the private Fischer's pan reserve
Large lodge situated at the Namutoni entrance gate to Etosha. Excellent facilities but expect to share these with large group tours
The latest edition to the Mushara Collection offers mid-range tented accommodation
Good accommodation at a reasonable price, close to the park entrance
Small intimate tented camp built on raised platforms, good for privacy and a 'luxury outdoor' feel
Inside the park borders, built around Fort Namutoni. Recently upgraded to appeal to more 'up-market' visitors
Newly renovated, good mid market option for self-drive tourists
A tented camp just outside Etosha
Luxury lodge built around a fort on Fischer's Pan. Easy access to the park
Small exclusive camp, built on raised platforms - a popular option with those seeking an exclusive new perspective
The first new accommodation to be built inside the Etosha National Park in over 30 years. The camp sits on a wooden deck on an isolated peninsula overlooking the pan
Very exclusive private suites, all mod-cons and luxuries
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.