Norotshama River Lodge
Noordoewer / Vioolsdrif Border - Orange river - Namibia
Norotshama River Resort lies around fifty kilometres northwest of the village of Noordoewer (and the South African border) in Southern Namibia. Nestled in the great valley of the Karas region, this malaria-free resort is set on the banks of the Orange River.
The thatched main building has a restaurant and bar, with indoor and outdoor seating and dining areas, over looking the river and mountains. Guests are welcome to self-cater or make use of the resorts' 'a la carte' menu. Groups of 10 or more can request buffet, potjie or braai type meals.
You can relax by the pool taking in the scenic splendor of the river, enjoying a cool drink from the bar or a meal from the A la Carte restaurant.
Accommodation at Norotshama River Resort is a choice of 32 luxury thatched chalets or floating bungalows. Some have a river view. They all are fitted with en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning. 8 rooms are fitted with mosquito nets. Visitors can either self cater or eat in the lodges restaurant.
Activities at Norotshama River Resort include sunset trips in a floating bar on the Orange River, self-drive excursions to local canyons and sand dunes, and the German 'outpost' trip to an old German building over 100 years old. There are wild Namib horse rides, river rafting, fishing, bird watching, hiking trails up to 12kms, sport rock climbing and swimming.
Norotshama River Resort borders the Ai-Ais-Richtersveld Transfrontier Conservation Park, which spans some of the most spectacular scenery of the arid and desert environments in Southern Africa. The park is characterized by a unique and impressive variety of plant species.
- River Rafting
- Norotshama River Resort offers peace and tranquility for those who really want to get away from it all. River rafting trips are available and vary in duration from one-day outings to three-day trips which overnight on the banks of the Orange.
- Bird Watching and Fishing
- Bird watching and fishing are practical alternatives for those who prefer the peace and quiet of the area.
- Desert Horses
- From traveling along the Orange to exploring the challenging drives and onto some of the most captivating canyons, Norotshama will enchant and entice you. Guided tours to seek out the wild Namib horses that reside on the farm are a must.
- Explore Historical sites
- Steeped in history the farm also has the relics of a German military battalion and a small graveyard of German Mounted Infantrymen that fell during the Nama rebellion of 1903 to 1906.
- Cultural village
- As a result of the innovative grape producing industry that has emerged in the region a developing community exists close to the Norotshama that serves the grape production project. A visit to this cultural village is a must see and one can't help but marvel at the enterprising construction of their village.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.