Ntwala Island Lodge
Caprivi - Namibia
Ntwala Island Lodge is set in an unspoilt and secluded Chobe haven, some 80kms upstream from the famous Victoria Falls. It has been sited near to its sister-camp, Impalila Island Lodge. Ntwala's beautiful rooms are well-suited to honeymooners, who may just want to relax on a Namibian tropical island. Cruising peacefully by boat, always seems a much more romantic adventure, than bouncing along a dusty, bumpy road, in a fully-loaded 4x4.
The lodge is surrounded by an intricate system of floating walkways, that connect a collection of small Namibian islands, within the Mambova rapids. Palm trees add to the romantic, getaway feel to this island paradise and it is here that the two mighty African rivers, the Zambezi and Chobe, converge.
Privacy, a high degree of personalized service and attention, culinary expertise, quality and comfort are assured here, important factors when dealing with low impact tourism. The staff are all handpicked, as part of an ongoing commitment to support the local communities.
The 4 luxury suites, emphasize the exclusivity and isolation of the island. Each room has it's own en-suite bathroom, a well-stocked mini-bar and tea/coffee making facilities. There is a personal plunge pool, (to escape the afternoon heat, and fringed by white sand!) an opulent viewing deck, and both indoor and outdoor showers, not to mention a private sala that protrudes over the water. Or guests can just simply relax in a bubble bath and enjoy the view.
As you would expect from an island resort, activities are predominantly water borne. A bridge walkway leads from the jetty to the main lodge. Ntwala Island Lodge is located within a close proximity to Chobe National Park, a destination in itself that brings a comprehensive African wildlife experience.
As it is one of Africa's top bird-watching destinations, some of the Okavango's specialties are found nearby, as well as highly unusual species, such as the rock pratincoles, which frequent the bubbling rapids.
Each suite has it's own personally assigned boat and guide, yet another indication of the lodge's determination to ensure individual choice, flexibility and solitude.
Their motor-boat trips along the Chobe and Zambezi rivers are not only excellent for birdlife, but for hippo and crocodile spotting as well. Big game, from herds of elephants to massive congregations of buffalo, are also often seen, especially during the dry season.
So Mokoro the quiet backwaters of the islands, partake in an exclusive Chobe sunset cruise, whilst viewing Africa's big game, or perhaps pursue the famed Tigerfish.
Ntwala Island Lodge. A beautiful and exclusive retreat!
- Game Viewing
- Game cruises along the Chobe River with possible sightings of elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion, rare puku, Chobe bushbuck and many more.
- Fly fishing or conventional fishing from either a mokoro in the rapids or motorized boat on the Zambezi, Chobe or Kasai Rivers for tigerfish, bream and many other species.
- Bird Watching
- Spot some of Africa's rarest birds in the varied habitats of the islands and surrounding floodplains: Rock pratincole, Pels fishing owl, Pygmy geese, African skimmers.
- Guided Walks
- There are many unrestricted walks on offer, including an Afro botanical tree walk where you learn about the traditional uses of plants and trees.
- Visit a traditional fishing village and learn the timeless ways of the local people.
- Mokoro Trips
- For bird watching, fishing or just pure relaxation while exploring the nearby wild islands and waterways.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Mamili & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic, the food awesome and the situation idyllic - resulting in some of the best value for money accommodation in Namibia
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi River on an adventurous houseboat holiday
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain's from its situation in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
This is the only place in the world where four countries meet. A wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A self catering family oriented lodge which offers excellent fishing opportunities
Traditionally one of the east Caprivi's most popular lodges has recently been re-opened
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
Brand new lodge in east Caprivi - ideal for exploring the wetlands of the Mamili National Park
situated on three small islands this is an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing expereinces on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
Close to the town of Katima Mulilo in the east Caprivi
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.