Lake Oanob Resort
Rehoboth Area - Namibia
Lake Oanob Resort is 85kms south of Namibia's capital city Windhoek, and under 2hrs drive south of it's International Airport. The resort is built on the banks of the very scenic Oanob Dam. This is a good place to stay for complete relaxation, and many visitors end their trip here.
It is not far from the town of Rehoboth, in an area characterized by stony hills, sandy valleys and mountains. There are a wide range of waterfront activities and accommodation, and it is a family orientated destination. All ages are catered for, and there is a huge variety of fish, birds and antelopes, that are particularly attracted to the lake. The reflections of the moon and stars on the lake, is particularly romantic.
Meals are served in the restaurant, from the 'a la carte,' menu, and can be complemented by a sundowner or night cap from the fully licensed bar.
Waterfront accommodation is in a combination of rooms and chalets with own garden and lawn. Every unit has their own bathroom and shower/bath and a private verandah with views of the lake and mountains. Bedding and towels are available. Requests for units for the physically challenged and baby beds have to be booked in advance. There are:
- Double Rooms: Equipped with 2 single or 1 double bed.
- Family Rooms: The Family Room can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.
- Special self-catering suites: Fully-equipped kitchens including a microwave, stove, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans and satellite TV and a fireplace for a maximum of 2 adults and 4 children.
- Luxury chalets: The luxury chalets are ideal for small groups or families who wish to self-cater. Each chalet has a fully-equipped kitchen including a microwave, stove, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans and satellite TV. Step outside to a private veranda which has a built-in braai area, overlooks the Oanob Lake and mountains and has direct access to the lake. Bedding and towels are available. Some of the chalets have 2 bedrooms and others have 3 bedrooms. Each unit has a shower and a bath or a bath. One of the 2 bedroom chalets has a jacuzzi on the outside deck area.
Activities include boat rides, (max 6 persons) water-skiing, canoeing, banana/tubing rides, swimming, fishing, sundowner drives by 4x4 or group tours by boat, game drives and bird watching
There is also the Fish Eagle cruise, on a floating pontoon, (reservations only) complete with a bar, music facilities and a toilet. The pontoon is also ideal for private functions, such as parties and weddings.
Visitors should note that there is an entrance fee, payable at the main gate.
- Boat rides
- Smaller groups of up to 6 people can explore Oanob dam from a boat. The lake is well-stocked with fish which in turn attracts a variety of water birds.
- Take 1 pull or 3 tries in an activity that is harder than it looks.
- Hire a canoe to have some fun on the water.
- Tube rides
- Have great fun getting pulled around behind a speeding boat.
- Sundowner drive
- A small excursion by a 4x4 vehicle with possible bird and game sightings before stopping at a scenic spot for a drink and a snack as the sun sets.
- Try your wits against some of the lakes occupants. (Catch and release).
- Group cruises
- Large boats are available for rental and can take up to 60 passengers.
- Healthy way for to do a spot of bird-watching or game viewing and enjoy the view at the same time.
- Game drives
- A 1hr trip in search of game, birds and to enjoy the overall atmosphere of the lake.
- Lake Oanob is a good location to tick off a view birds from the list.
Lake Oanob Resort is located only 1h45 drive south of the Windhoek International Airport or an hour from the centre of town. From Windhoek it is an easy 85 km drive on the main B1 road to Rehoboth. Lake Oanob Resort is situated 7 km west of Rehoboth. The turn off from the B1 to the resort is well indicated
A selection of rooms and bungalows surround this large lake. This is a good place to stay if you are looking for complete relaxation, perhaps at the end of the trip before driving to the Windhoek International Airport (which is about 1.5 hours drive away)
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.