Otavi - Northern Namibia
Ohange Lodge is situated 30kms north of Otavi, an area of abundant game and bird life. This mountain retreat is shaded by large marula and tamboti trees, and it overlooks a breathtakingly stunning and tranquil landscape. The word Ohanga is derived from the Herero word 'peace'.
The lodge's main building has a restaurant, bar and guest lounge. There is a swimming pool with pool deck to soak up the sun and enjoy a refreshing drink. Laundry and Internet facilities are available, and there is also a spotlit waterhole located right in front of the lodge.
All meals are served buffet style, and guests are welcome to wine and dine under a clear, starlit Namibian night around the campfire.
Accommodation consists of 10 thatched, African style mountain huts. They all have en-suite bathrooms, a fan, mosquito nets and room service. Each hut has an open view of the waterhole and cheetah, eland, the Damara Dik-Dik, giraffes, Burchell's and Hartman Mountain Zebra, waterbuck, impala, black wildebeest, kudu's and oryx are all indigenous to the area.
Activities include morning, afternoon or night game drive. Bush babies, porcupines, genet, owls, nightjars and even leopards have been seen in and around the lodge at night.
Unguided walking trails, sundowner walks, horse back rides and guided tours to Etosha National Park, the Ghaub Caves, Lake Otjikoto and the Hoba Meteorite (the biggest in the world) can also be organized from Ohange Lodge.
Ohange Lodge is child friendly.
- Guided Nature walks or rides
- explore the oldest Mountains in Namibia with your personal guid
- Game drives with sundowner
- go in search of Eland, Damara Dik-dik, Giraffes, Burchell - and Hartman Mountain zebra, Waterbuck,Impala, Black wildebeest, Kudus, Oryx, cheetah and many more.
- Night drives
- an opportunity to view some of Ohange Lodge's nocturnal species these include bushbabies, porcupines, ganet, owls and nightjars and the occasional free roaming leopard
Situated north-east of Grootfontein this serves as an gateway between the Caprivi and central Namibia
Ten kilometers outside of Otavi this lodge offers a realxing environment and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birders
Initially a christian mission station this property was converted into a lodge in 1999. The Ghaub caves nearby are well worth a visit
Horse riding, game and beautiful surroundings are just some of the reasons to stay at this lodge
A convenient stop close to Otavi
Large resort offering a restaurant, bar and olympic sized pool in Tsumeb
Situated near the centre of Tsumeb this is a popular hotel.
A courtyard atmosphere, traditional garden and German cuisine can be found at this Tsumeb hotel.
Close encounters of the wild side - experience the Namibian veld on foot with Bruno, an enigmatic & knowledgeable guide
10 peaceful chalets provide accommodation at this lodge just north of Otavi
An eclectic lodge, allows for visits to a San community as well as offering reasonably priced overnight accommodation
Situated 20km west of Tsumeb
Between Otavi and Tsumeb.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.