Owamboland - Namibia
Ondangwa is a town in the Oshana Region, situated in the cultural heartland of northern Namibia. It is approximately 92kms of the popular Etosha National Park and about 80 kms south of the Angolan border. Ondangwa means "the end of the Ondonga area", Ondonga being of this regions kingdoms.
Many local authorities for the Oshana and Oshikoto regions are situated in the town. The nearest hospital is in the nearby town of Oniipa. Also situated here are the Rössing Foundation, Kayec and Cosdec are three vocational skills schools, training young people in building maintenance, sewing, cooking, and IT respectively.
There is a bustling open market in Ondangwa and the town also has an airport.
In 2001, planning started on a railway line to link Tsumeb with Ondangwa, with extensions to Angola planned to follow. The rail line had its first official train on 11 May 2006, and now travels once a week back and forth between Windhoek and Ondangwa. Ondangwa also enjoys a paved road which runs between Oshakati and Tsumeb, as well as around the town. Drivers should be careful of live-stock crossing the road, especially at night.
This four star Protea Hotel, has a conference centre, restaurant, bar and large swimming pool. Lazy-lounger chairs and umbrellas are provided for your relaxation after your dip. There are also two garden terraces, with waiter service if required.
Accommodation is in 90 air-conditioned, en-suite rooms, each equipped with an en-suite bathroom, hotel package satellite DSTV, telephone, writing desk/chair, room service, mini-bar, tea/coffee station and an in-room safe. There are:
- 64 x standard rooms with double and queen-size beds. (Includes rooms with inter-leading doors ideal for families)
- 22 x twin-bedded rooms.
- 2 x suites with king-sized bed, adjoining lounge and 2 bathrooms.
- 2 x disabled guest rooms.
Nearby attractions include a Cuca shop tour and cultural tourism route.
Ondangwa Hotel is a good base to explore the traditional Ovambo lifestyle.
A large hotel in Ondangwa, popular with business people and tourists alike
A traditional Owambo homestead which offers a unique opportunity of interacting with the local community while getting involved in local activities such as cattle herding and basket making.
These far northern regions of Namibia are home to most of the country's population. Oshakati where this lodge is situated is the heart of the region - expect vibrant markets, cows, goats, fisherman and a general hive of activity
Situated at the Ruacana falls on the Namibia / Angola border - this lodge serves as a gateway between Kaokoland and Owamboland
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.