Etosha - Namibia
Ongava Lodge is situated on the 35,000 hectare Ongava Private Game Reserve. It shares a common border with one of Africa's largest game parks, Etosha National Park, Namibia's premier game viewing destination. A perfect destination in it's own right, it is also an ideal place from which to base your activities when visiting Etosha.
The lodge is set close to the top of a hill with wonderful views across the plains. Take advantage of the magnificent views over the 2 waterholes and across the wide plains below.
All of the 12 chalets have been attractively built out of brick, rock and thatch. Each chalet has an en-suite bathroom with flush toilet, bath, shower and double hand basins. Air-conditioning, overhead fans, mosquito nets fitted to the windows, a tea/coffee station and an in-room safe are standard. Glass fronted doors lead you onto a private, covered verandah, overlooking the bush.
Outdoor dining under the stars, whilst viewing game drinking at the waterhole, is something never to be forgotten. A buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, can be served in the restaurant under thatch, or in the split-level lounge or dining room. Both have an outstanding view of the camp's waterhole.
There is also a swimming pool and a large curio shop, stocking a good selection of African gifts and branded safari clothing.
Large herds of plains game concentrate around the waterholes in the dry season, including elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, springbok, oryx, kudu and the diminutive Damara Dik-Dik.
Local specials of bird include the Short-toed Rockthrush, Hautlaub's Francolin, Rockrunner, Ruppells Parrot, White-tailed Shrike and Chestnut Weaver. Ostrich and raptors are also in abundance.
At Ongava Game Reserve, you have an excellent opportunity to view black and white rhino. For those who enjoy close wildlife encounters, tracking white rhino on foot with an armed guide is a highlight not to be missed.
Ongava Lodge is a first choice, for the luxurious, safari experience.
There is a also a private air-strip, with a pick-up and drop off service for Ongava Lodge guests.
- Game drives Ongava
- Customized open-topped safari vehicles enhance your game viewing around Onguma Reserve.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Full or half-day 4WD safaris into Etosha National Park can be organized. These centre around drives and waterholes close to Okaukuejo Restcamp.
- Guided walking safaris
- Trained and armed guides will lead you through reserve with the focus being on tracking white rhino. Many other mammals will be encountered along the way.
- Night drives
- The appearance of nocturnal creatures at night is a completely different experience.
- There is a hide and nearby waterhole located near the camp present numerous photographic opportunities.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, just south of the Andersson entrance to Etosha.
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundries. It is a small personal lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park.
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Budget accommodation, close to the Anderson Gate
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Extremely busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
A non-profit organisation aimed at conserving Namibia's cheetah population
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.