Etosha - Namibia
Little Ongava is situated within the Ongava Game Reserve, a private 30,000 hectare game reserve that is located adjacent to the southern boundary of Etosha National Park. The lodge is built along a crest of a hill, with wonderful views onto the plains below. A perfect destination in it's own right, it is also the ideal location from which to base your activities when visiting Etosha.
This is the most exclusive of the three Ongava Lodges and one of the most up-market lodges in Namibia. Little Ongava's main area houses the restaurant and bar. It lends itself to relaxed, stylish dining under a star or moonlit Namibian sky. This section of the lodge has the best views of the the near-by waterhole.
Accommodation at Little Ongava comprises of three spacious suites. Each has it's own en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, fan, tea/coffee station, mini-bar and an in-room safe. Mosquito nets are fitted to the windows. Outside there is a plunge pool, an additional outdoor shower, and a 'sala' for you to unwind. There is 24hr (220v) mains electricity supply.
The Ongava Reserve has resident white and black rhino. Take the opportunity to see both of these rare animals on one of the Reserve's guided tours. Lion, elephant, cheetah, oryx, springbok and hartebeest can also be seen at both the Reserve and Etosha Park. Guests at Little Ongava share a dedicated guide and Land Rover, ensuring the optimum nature experience at one of Africa's great wildlife destinations.
Activities include day and night game drives in open 4x4 vehicles into the Okaukuejo area of Etosha National Park. The Reserve also has it's own hides and walks with armed guides.
The reserve attracts many species of bird including 10 of Namibia's endemic or near-endemic species such as the violet wood-hoopoe, carp's tit, red-necked falcon and bare-cheeked babbler. The Namaqua sandgrouse, short-toed rock thrush, acacia pied barbet, double-banded courser and yellow-bellied eremomela can also be observed.
- Game drives Ongava
- Their open-topped vehicles are ideal for game viewing around Onguma Reserve usually conducted in the afternoon.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Full or half-day 4WD safaris into Etosha National Park can be organized. These centre around morning drives and waterholes close to Okaukuejo Restcamp.
- Guided walking safaris
- Trained and armed guides will lead you through reserve with the focus being on tracking white rhino. Many other mammals will be encountered along the way.
- Night drives
- The appearance of nocturnal creatures at night offer a completely different experience.
- Let the animals come to you in a hide near the camp presenting numerous photographic opportunities.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, just south of the Andersson entrance to Etosha.
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundries. It is a small personal lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park.
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Budget accommodation, close to the Anderson Gate
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Extremely busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
A non-profit organisation aimed at conserving Namibia's cheetah population
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.