Orange River Lodge
Noordoewer / Vioolsdrif Border - Orange river - Namibia
The Orange River Lodge is situated near Noordoewer on the border between South Africa and Namibia. It is only 600 meters from the Orange River and its central location between Cape Town and Windhoek offers travellers an ideal resting place.
Relax and enjoy Namibian hospitality in their thatched Lapa restaurant and bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served here, and guests can enjoy a typically friendly, river lodge atmosphere, whilst wining and dining under a starlit African sky. Braai facilities are available.
The lodge has 4 double self-catering rooms, 2 double and 6 family rooms. All the rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, 2 channel television, and a tea/coffee station.
Guest requiring a more private stopover, should inquire about their river cabin. It overlooks the scenic Orange river and Richtersveld mountains.
Activities include fishing and canoing. Anglers would be interested to know there are 15 different species of fish in the river, including Carp (common/mirror), Sharptooth Catfish (barbel) up to 40kgs, and Yellowfish (Largemouth/Smallmouth).
A more adventurous way to explore the river and its spectacular surroundings would be to hire a canoe. Trips of around 2 - 5 days can be organized.
Other activities include a tour to the historic battle sites of the Nama Rebellion of 1904-1908 ,and the ruins and graves of German Colonial Soldiers at Uhabis.
Orange River lodge borders the Ai-Ais-Richtersveld Transfrontier Conservation Park, which spans some of the most spectacular scenery of the arid and desert environments in Southern Africa. The park is characterized by a unique and impressive variety of plant species.
Orange River Lodge. Not just an overnight stay!
- Fishing gear can be hired from Orange River Lodge and the area offers excellent fishing all year round for conventional bait and fly fishermen alike. Fifteen different species of fish are found in our area but the species mainly targeted are carp (common/mirror), sharptooth catfish (barbel) up to 40 kg and yellowfish (largemouth/smallmouth)
- The lodge has canoes available for rent
- Historic Drive
- there are a number of interesting historical sites to visit. Visit areas where historic battles took place during the Nama Rebellion of 1904 - 1908, nearby are graves of German Colonial Soldiers and the ruins of buildings built by them can be seen at Uhabis
Cabana's and permanently erected tents on the banks of the Orange River. This camp also serves as the starting base for several river rafting & canoeing adventures
The owners and management of this new lodge are making a huge effort to make it the best place to stay in the area. New features and activities are frequently added
Nestled in the great valley of the Karas region and situated on the banks of the Orange River, about 50km from the South African / Namibia border post
The Orange River Lodge is situated near Noordoewer on the border between South Africa and Namibia
A small lodge set on the third biggest game reserve in Namibia. Expect tranquility and a very personalised service in a remote environment
Not quite Washington DC! This remote accommodation is basic but extremely popular with those looking for good honest accommodation.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.