Okahandja Area - Namibia
Oropoko Lodge was built in 1993 on a 11,000ha farm, and is one of the most beautiful lodges in Namibia. Only 130kms from Windhoek, it is an ideal staring point to several destinations, and can be reached by car, bus or light aircraft. As it has been sited on a hilltop, the panoramic views are amongst the most spectacular of any establishment in Namibia, all set amongst the natural beauty of the Khomas Hochland. 'Oropoko' is the Herero word for 'beautiful place between mountains'.
The main building and both the Panorama Restaurant and bar, has amazing views of the surrounding environment. Wining and dining here is very enjoyable indeed, as the waterhole is frequented by rhino, oryx, ostrich and a variety of other game species. The tree climbing dassies, (rock rabbits) add to the African experience. Apart from main meals, lunch packs can be ordered for those involved in full-day activities. There is also a reception, conference room, and a TV room.
The swimming pool is built around a massive granite rock, a perfect venue for a spot of sunbathing or an afternoon dip. The large Sun Terrace is a popular meeting place to enjoy a spectacular sunset, as well as being an excellent view point to photograph or watch the game roaming across the bush.
Accommodation is in rooms or suites. There are 4 completely separate rooms to 1 bungalow unit.
- Rooms: Rooms are furnished with comfortable double beds, a seating corner, en-suite bathroom with shower, double bowl wash basin and separate toilet. They are all equipped with air-conditioning/heaters, a wall safe, telephone, kettle and a mini-bar.
- Luxury suites: There are 3 suites all located within 1 bungalow. They are larger double rooms with facilities similar to the rooms.
Morning and evening game drives, as well as guided walks, allow a closer view of the animals. You are likely to see some of the lodges giraffe and the wonderful buttertree, which is common in this region. Often the game drives end on a hill some distance from the lodge, where inviting trays of drinks and snacks are awaiting.
There is a 2km long gravel runway, with transfers to and from the lodge for it's guests.
- Guided Drives
- Explore the game farm around the lodge - there are numerous game species to be found on the farm including rhino
- Guided Walks
On an old mission station south of Okahandja, the farm Otjisazu is full of historical interest
Situated some distance west of Okahandja the natural hot spring has been tapped and is used to full both an indoor and outdoor pool
A tranquil garden & African decor give this country hotel laid back, relaxed feeling. Situated on the outskirts of the town of Okahandja
A game farm which offers a 'boutique camping experience' with accommodation in air-conditioned permanently erected tents
Situated on farmland west of Okahandja, Oropoko has a well stocked game park
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.