paua Self catering apartments
Swakopmund - Namibia
In the sleepy Namibian holiday town of Swakopmund lie two well equipped self catering apartments. The Paua Self Catering units derive their names from the local Oshiwambo language of Namibia and can be loosely translated to mean peaceful or relaxing, and that is exactly what you will find here!
The apartments are in the Vogelstrand residential area of Swakopmund, this is an upmarket area around 10 minutes drive to the town center. The details of the selfcatering units are as follows:
Main House Villa
- Large spacious unit with top-floor television / work area and bedrooms on upper floor.
- 1 Queen-bed & 1 Twin-bedded room share bathroom (WC, shower & bath).
- Rooms with private balconies.
- en-suite Master bedroom with King-bed (WC, shower and Jacuzzi spa bath).
- Private balcony facing ocean.
- Lower floor has open living space: Kitchen, lounge, dining room with indoor braai/barbeque area and guest WC.
- Double motor garage, and security system for unit.
- This unit is fully furnished, kitchen fully equipped and rooms with linen.
Town House Villa
- Spacious unit with open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room with indoor braai/barbeque area.
- Upper floor has main bedroom with King-bed and balcony with lovely view to ocean.
- Master bedroom has private infra-red sauna and en-suite bathroom (WC with steam shower).
- Two guest rooms on lower floor share central bathroom (WC, shower & bath).
- 1 Queen-bedded and 1 Twin-bedded room, both with patio doors to garden.
- Single motor garage, and security system for unit.
- This unit is fully furnished, kitchen fully equipped and rooms with linen
Pula Self Catering Apartments are an excellent choice for those wanting self catering accommodation in Namibia and specifically Swakopmund
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flaura & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
A centerally located self catering lodge & campsite
An art gallery turned guest house - the Space is truly alternative and worth a visit if you are interested in philosophical conversation, innovative thinking and staying somewhere out of the norm.
Offers a variety of suites, luxury rooms and self catering units. Ideal for the business traveller or holiday maker
Top location, right on the beach. Has some limited self catering facilities
Very centrally located, includes traditional guest house accommodation as well as two separate self catering flats
Two well equipped self catering apartments, both with sea views
Close to the beach in one of the towns northern suburbs, offers accommodation for up to five people
A well established owner managed guesthouse where empahsis is placed on environmental issues
Two well equipped self catering apartments in the suburb of Vogelstrand
A choice of four fully equipped self-catering units.
Campsites and self catering bungalows in the Swakop River about 12km from town
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.