Pride of the Zambezi Luxury Houseboat
Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
The Pride of the Zambezi is a houseboat based on the Chobe River, in northern Namibia. From several mooring points along the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers the Pride offers guests awesome game viewing and fishing experiences. The wildlife along the Chobe River and in the Chobe National Park is incredible, you can expect to see large herds of elephants, hippo, crocodiles, buffalo, many buck species and a plethora of colourful birds.
The Pride of the Zambezi does not have fixed departure dates or a set plan or routing. Routes and activities are tailor made according to the guest's interests and requests.
Whether the main priority is game viewing, birding, photography, fishing or a combination of these then plans are made accordingly.
The boat has a crew of 5, who will attend to your every need. The experienced captain knows the river intimately and will ensure you are at the best spots for game viewing and sunsets. The chef prepares unexpectedly lavish meals from his galley, while the three trained guides are there to take you out on the smaller tender boats for a spot of fishing or game viewing.
The vessel consists of 3 decks, the upper sun deck is covered and allows for unrestricted views of the river and wildlife. The middle deck is the entertainment area and has a bar, jacuzzi, dining area and lounge. This is the hub of social activity onboard and has an evaporator which lowers the hot summer temperatures. Electric shutters at the press of button, keep wind and inclement weather out.
The Pride of the Zambezi can house up to 12 passengers in well-appointed luxury en-suite cabins.
- The Honeymoon Suite:This lavish cabin comprises of a queen sized bed, private deck, dressing table, built-in cupboards and an en-suite bathroom with a shower, toilet, hand basin, bidet and shaving points. Sliding doors open onto the top deck. The suites come complete with mosquito screens, fans, electronic safe and hair dryers on request.
- Cabins: These units are situated on the lower deck. Each of the 5 cabins is air-conditioned and can be made up as a twin or double room. Electronic safes, remote controlled fans, mosquito gauze, built-in cupboards and hair-dryers are standard. Superb views are guaranteed over the river, whilst the front cabin has its own deck.
There recommended length of stay on the Pride of the Zambezi is a minimum of 2 nights, but three or even 4-night stays offer far more flexibility and time to explore and enjoy the area.
Included in the Rate
- Game viewing
- By tender boat in the Chobe National Park
- Both fly and conventional fishing methods can be experienced. The main thrill on the Zambezi River is the fearsome tiger fish - even the smallest of these can put up a ferocious fight
- Bird watching
- The Zambezi & Chobe rivers as well as the Kasai Channel are home to a vast and amazing variety of birdlife
- Cultural Village Walks
- on Impalila Island
Not included in the rate
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Mamili & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic, the food awesome and the situation idyllic - resulting in some of the best value for money accommodation in Namibia
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi River on an adventurous houseboat holiday
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain's from its situation in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
This is the only place in the world where four countries meet. A wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A self catering family oriented lodge which offers excellent fishing opportunities
Traditionally one of the east Caprivi's most popular lodges has recently been re-opened
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
Brand new lodge in east Caprivi - ideal for exploring the wetlands of the Mamili National Park
situated on three small islands this is an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing expereinces on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
Close to the town of Katima Mulilo in the east Caprivi
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.