near Grootfontein - Namibia
Many guests comment on the warm welcome on arrival and charmingly laid back atmosphere at Roy's. The lodge is an interesting mixture of rustic African design, set against a highly imaginative and unconventional artists mind. The thatched main building has a restaurant and bar and the dining room roof is supported by tree trunks. The bar stools are animal skin-covered tree trunks, and the chairs have kudu horn arm-rests.
The camp has mains power supply, (220v) enabling guests to recharge their electrical appliances. There is a curio shop that stocks locally made arts and crafts, and the swimming pool has a lounge deck. There is a laundry service, Internet facility and a communal safe at reception.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be ordered from the chef's 'a la carte' menus. Roy's Camp pride themselves on their 'boere kos' (Afrikaans farm style home cooking). Guests have an excellent view of the camp's waterhole from the restaurant, and eland are a common visitor to the area.
Accommodation is in one of 7 chalets or 3 budget rooms. Each unit is equipped with an en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, fan and a mosquito net. These bungalows are of an unusual rustic design and have private braai areas. Each bungalow has been built to allow guests the maximum amount of peace and tranquility.
Activities include a guided Bushman excursion to a San village, 2 unguided walking trails and a farm and game drive.
Roy's Camp is a cheaper, rustic camp, set amongst some of Namibia's more exclusive and luxurious hotels and lodges. Nonetheless, many travellers find it a charming and inviting stopover.
- Game watching
- Striped mongooses, eland, kudu and warthog frequent the waterhole.
- Walking trails
- Meander around the area in search of local game and birds.
- Game tracking trips
- Animals leave footprints for us to follow and tracking spoor can be highly enjoyable.
- Farm drive
- Spend a few hours driving around the farm to view the livestock and game.
- Bushman Community
- There is a San community village around 80km from Roy's Camp. Visits to the Bushmen need to be organised in advance.
Situated north-east of Grootfontein this serves as an gateway between the Caprivi and central Namibia
Ten kilometers outside of Otavi this lodge offers a realxing environment and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birders
Initially a christian mission station this property was converted into a lodge in 1999. The Ghaub caves nearby are well worth a visit
Horse riding, game and beautiful surroundings are just some of the reasons to stay at this lodge
A convenient stop close to Otavi
Large resort offering a restaurant, bar and olympic sized pool in Tsumeb
Situated near the centre of Tsumeb this is a popular hotel.
A courtyard atmosphere, traditional garden and German cuisine can be found at this Tsumeb hotel.
Close encounters of the wild side - experience the Namibian veld on foot with Bruno, an enigmatic & knowledgeable guide
10 peaceful chalets provide accommodation at this lodge just north of Otavi
An eclectic lodge, allows for visits to a San community as well as offering reasonably priced overnight accommodation
Situated 20km west of Tsumeb
Between Otavi and Tsumeb.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.