Swakopmund Guest House
Accommodation in Swakopmund - Namibia
Situated in Swakopmund town centre and only a 5min walk from the beach and main shopping area, is the Swakopmund Guesthouse, owned and run by the Borg family. Previously used as a holiday home it has been completely revamped, in a very elegant and modern style. This particular bed and breakfast establishment caters for the more upmarket traveller. Most of their guests stay here because of high comfort levels, personalized service and the short distance to the beach! It an ideal place for families as well.
There is a breakfast room where the scrumptious buffet is served, a lounge area, Internet connection, secure parking, town and airport shuttle service, and is wheelchair-friendly. Children are welcome here and a high chair, cot and child-care are available on request.
Accommodation is in either:
- Standard Rooms: 4 Standard Rooms are equipped with an en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and wash-basin. A mini-bar/fridge, tea/coffee station, satellite TV and an in-room safe are standard.
- Luxury Rooms: 7 Luxury Rooms are larger than the Standard Rooms with similar facilities.
- Suite: The sSuite has 2 rooms with a double bed and a double/single combo. It is equipped with an en-suite bathroom with bath/shower, an open-plan kitchen and sitting room with comfortable seating. The facilities are similar to the Standard Rooms.
The Swakopmund Guesthouse is run with an eco-friendly approach, and makes good use of solar energy and recycled water. Swakopmund vehicle rental can also be arranged.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
- Coming from Walvisbay:
- Coming into Swakopmund over the bridge, you will turn left into Rhode Allee (this is the first stop street). At the next intersection (around 80 meters) you will find the Swakopmund Guest house on your opposite right hand side. Hendrik Witbooi 35.
- Coming from Windhoek:
- Coming into Swakopmund on the B2 turn left at the first set of traffic lights into Moses Garoeb Street. Continue until it becomes Rhode Allee (road makes a sharp turn to your right with the cemetry on your left). At the next stop street, cross over Nathanael Maxuilili Street until the next stop street (around 80 meters) at Hendrik Witbooi. The Swakopmund Guesthouse is on your opposite right hand side.
- Coming from Henties Bay:
- Coming into Swakopmund on the C34 you continue straight all the way. Past roundabouts, traffic lights and stop streets. the C34 becomes Moses Garoeb Street and then becomes Rhode Allee (road makes a sharp turn to your right with the cemetry on your left). At the next stop street, cross over Nathanael Maxuilili Street until the next stop street (around 80 meters) at Hendrik Witbooi street. The Swakopmund Guest House is on your opposite right hand side.
An art gallery turned guest house - the Space is truly alternative and worth a visit if you are interested in philosophical conversation, innovative thinking and staying somewhere out of the norm.
Offers a variety of suites, luxury rooms and self catering units. Ideal for the business traveller or holiday maker
Very centrally located, includes traditional guest house accommodation as well as two separate self catering flats
Luxury accommodation with a personal touch.
Small, peaceful guesthouse in a well established part of town
15km outside of Swakopmund this elegant. pet friendly, guest house offers amazing views over the Namib Desert. Accommodation is in either guest house rooms or self catering units
Probably better suited to the business than the leisure end of the market
A well established owner managed guesthouse where emphasis is placed on environmental issues
A small owner run guest house which places an emphasis on offering quality personal service
Fairly centrally situated accommodation offering healthy organic breakfast options
Fresh, light & airy bed and breakfast in an upmarket and fairly centrally located area
A seven bed-room guest house offering personal attention
Well established, Swiss managed guesthouse which is always a popular choice. Offers good quality accommodation & occasional wine tasting nights
An intimate and sophisticated family-run boutique guesthouse offering comfortable accommodation. A highlight is that each of the en-suite rooms has a private fireplace.
A very popular choice, offers excellent rooms at extremely reasonable prices. Possibly best value for money in Swakopmund
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
A well appointed guest house in the center of town
Centrally located self catering apartments offering a good selection of units (choose from studio, one, two or three bedroom units)
A variety of well appointed suites in a central location
A newer addition, situated in an old historic building near the town center. Expect attention to detail and Italian flair.
A family operated establishment which prides itself on offering guests both personal attention and privacy
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.