Etosha National Park - Namibia
Toshari Lodge is situated only 25kms from Namibia's Etosha National Park's western gate (Andersson's gate.) It is a reasonably priced accommodation-alternative for visitors to the game park.
The restaurant and bar are located in the main thatched building. Relax on the terrace or at the swimming pool, and enjoy those spectacular Namibian sunsets. There is also a 'boma', where you can sit around a campfire and enjoy the lodge's traditional hospitality.Accommodation at Toshari Lodge is in Standard or Luxury Chalets. All 37 rooms are tastefully decorated with Kiaat furniture, a locally grown hard wood. Overnight in:
- Standard Chalet: 27 Standard Chalets with either double or twin beds, air-conditioning, mosquito nets and en-suite bathroom.
- Luxury chalets: 5 chalets with either king-sized or double beds, en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, mini-bar and coffee bar and a mosquito net.
- Family Rooms: Fitted with a double and 3 single beds, air-conditioning, mosquito nets and an en-suite bathroom.
The restaurant offers buffet style breakfast and dinner meals. Lunch, breakfast and lunch bags can be ordered on request. For those wanting to enjoy some refreshment prior to and after dinner there is a full bar service with an excellent selection of Cape wines.
The lodge also offers half or full day game drives into Etosha National Park, with a guide in an open game drive vehicle (10 people). These outings includes your entrance fee into the park as well as a wonderful lunch.
There are also 3 walking trails available locally, starting and ending at Toshari Lodge.
- Etosha Game Drive
- The lodge also offers game drives with a guide in an open game drive vehicle (10 people). This 7 to 8 hour outing includes your entrance fee into the park as well as a wonderful lunch.
- There are a number of unguided walking trails ranging from 1 to 4km in the vicinity.
- The lodge's own waterhole offers opportunities for birding and observing game coming to drink.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, just south of the Andersson entrance to Etosha.
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundries. It is a small personal lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park.
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Budget accommodation, close to the Anderson Gate
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Extremely busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
A non-profit organisation aimed at conserving Namibia's cheetah population
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.