Vogelstrand Guest House
Bed & breakfast in Swakopmund - Namibia
Vogelstrand Guesthouse is a family run bed and breakfast establishment in Swakopmund. Hosts Hannelie and Stephen Turner pride themselves on their outstanding personal service and privacy offered. As it is only 3min walk from the beach, it is the ideal destination for travellers and families who prefer to be near the seaside or the towns amenities. Swakopmund has a variety of shopping malls, restaurants, bars and up-to-date banking and medical facilities.
Guests can relax and unwind in the recreational area, kitted out with bench tables and umbrellas, in a country courtyard style. There is also a large lawn in the well-kept garden, which adds to the serene atmosphere of Vogelstrand Guesthouse. An internet connection is available at reception.
An English, continental or healthy breakfast is served daily from 07h00-10h00 in the breakfast room. It is open throughout the day. Lunch boxes, picnic packs and dinner can be organized on request. Your hosts will happy to recommend a nearby restaurant and bar if you prefer to eat out.
Overnight in Standard or Executive Rooms. They are individually and stylishly designed, spacious and exude a 'warm ambiance'.
- Standard Rooms: Every standard room has an en-suite bathroom with shower, hand-wash basin and a WC. All of the rooms are fitted with a bar fridge, MNET television and a tea/coffee station. Individual alarm systems, soft thick white bath towels and outside table and chairs are provided. Some rooms have twin beds enabling them to become a single or a double room
- Executive Room: Also known as The Pearl Room this can be used as a family room or a honeymoon suit. It is the largest room in Vogelstrand with own master bedroom/ annex. The bathroom is also equipped with a jacuzzi and separate shower. A second bedroom, The Light Room, can be used as either a sleeping or relaxation area and has a super queen-size extra length bed and a walk-in closet. Enjoy the afternoon sunshine/sunset from the balcony.
Vogelstrand also has a paved, secure parking area, with access through one entrance gate.
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flaura & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
- From Windhoek
- drive into Swakomund and at the first traffic Light, turn right into Moses //Garoeb Street, drive for about 3.7km passing the first traffic circle and three 4 way stops, at the second traffic circle turn left into Dr Schwietering street, drive another 1.2km and then turn left into Rosenquartz street. Drive for about 450 meter and turn left into Tsavorite street, look for us on you left hand side.
- From Walvis Bay
- about 750 metes after the Bridge over the Swakop River, turn right into Rhode Allee. Drive for 1 km to the traffic light. From there follow the same directions as from Windhoek
An art gallery turned guest house - the Space is truly alternative and worth a visit if you are interested in philosophical conversation, innovative thinking and staying somewhere out of the norm.
Offers a variety of suites, luxury rooms and self catering units. Ideal for the business traveller or holiday maker
Very centrally located, includes traditional guest house accommodation as well as two separate self catering flats
Luxury accommodation with a personal touch.
Small, peaceful guesthouse in a well established part of town
Probably better suited to the business than the leisure end of the market
A well established owner managed guesthouse where emphasis is placed on environmental issues
A small owner run guest house which places an emphasis on offering quality personal service
Fairly centrally situated accommodation offering healthy organic breakfast options
Fresh, light & airy bed and breakfast in an upmarket and fairly centrally located area
A seven bed-room guest house offering personal attention
Well established, Swiss managed guesthouse which is always a popular choice. Offers good quality accommodation & occasional wine tasting nights
An intimate and sophisticated family-run boutique guesthouse offering comfortable accommodation. A highlight is that each of the en-suite rooms has a private fireplace.
A very popular choice, offers excellent rooms at extremely reasonable prices. Possibly best value for money in Swakopmund
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
A well appointed guest house in the center of town
A newer addition, situated in an old historic building near the town center. Expect attention to detail and Italian flair.
A family operated establishment which prides itself on offering guests both personal attention and privacy
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.