Caprivi - Namibia
The Zambezi Lodge is situated in the Eastern Caprivi, on the outskirts of Katima Mulilo, right on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. The lodge is set in lush tropical gardens with huge indigenous trees, and is an ideal stop-over for travellers coming to Namibia from Zambia, Botswana, Angola and Zimbabwe.
It is also a convenient base for tourists in Namibia, who wish to visit Victoria Falls or the Chobe National Park in Botswana. Easily accessible by road, Air Namibia includes Katima Mulilo (Mpacha Airport) on its regular flight schedule.
The name Katima Mulilo, is derived from SiLozi, and means 'quenches the fire', in reference to nearby rapids. The town itself serves as the administrative centre and capital of the Caprivi Strip region of Namibia.
Breakfast, light lunches and dinner are served in the Tafule Yaka Restaurant. A buffet style service in high season and a set menu in quieter times. The Mushabati Bar sits on a wooden deck protruding over the Zambezi River, the ideal spot for a sundowner. It it open from 12h00 daily. There is also a swimming pool, laundry service, secure parking and a Wi-Fi Internet connection.Accommodation is in 42 rooms. Most of the rooms are river facing and a few overlook the garden and pool area. Valuables can be locked up in a large safe at reception. There are:
- Standard Rooms: Each unit has an en-suite bathroom (shower only), air-conditioning, TV, hair-dryer and a tea/coffee station
- Luxury rooms: Similar to the standard rooms but the bathroom has both a shower & bath
Over the past few years, arts and crafts in Caprivi have become an important income generator for the rural community.
Airport transfers can be arranged to and from the lodge for it's guests.
- Boat cruises
- on the Zambezi River with excellent opportunities to observe hippos and crocodiles
- Visit Katima
- Stroll through the lively town of Katima Mulilo, enjoy the African flair and buy original crafts ranging from baskets, jewellery, traditional musical instruments to animals made of scrap metal or wood.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Mamili & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic, the food awesome and the situation idyllic - resulting in some of the best value for money accommodation in Namibia
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi River on an adventurous houseboat holiday
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain's from its situation in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
This is the only place in the world where four countries meet. A wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A self catering family oriented lodge which offers excellent fishing opportunities
Traditionally one of the east Caprivi's most popular lodges has recently been re-opened
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
Brand new lodge in east Caprivi - ideal for exploring the wetlands of the Mamili National Park
situated on three small islands this is an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing expereinces on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
Close to the town of Katima Mulilo in the east Caprivi
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.