Terms & Conditions
all the boring stuff
Deposits, Payment and Cancellation Fees
- Bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment
- Cancellations will only be effective upon written acknowledgement from the
Cardboard Box Travel Shop that notice of cancellation has been received.
- The following cancellation fees (as a percentage of the fully quoted price) are applicable to any cancelled travel:
|Notice from date of travel:||Cancellation fee|
|More than 45 days||25%|
|30 - 44 days||50%|
|14 - 29 days||75%|
|Less than 14 days||100%|
The Cardboard Box Travel Shop shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
Description of Services
The Cardboard Box Travel Shop is a business in the travel industry which markets a wide range of travel related products
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express credit cards or by bank transfer into the Cardboard Box bank account, the details of which will be provided on request
Credit Card Acquiring & Security
- Online credit card transactions will be acquired for Cardboard Box Travel Shop via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Standard (non-online) credit card transactions will be acquired through Standard Bank of Namibia
Customer details separate from card details
Customer using online payment will have their details stored by the Cardboard box Travel Shop separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
- The online merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- Standard (non-online / paygate) transactions will be in Namibian Dollars (NAD).
- The Namibian Dollar and South African Rand are linked 1:1
Cardboard Box Travel Shop takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of Namibia and the Cardboard Box Travel Shop chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 15 Bismark Street, Windhoek, Namibia
Cardboard Box Travel Shop may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- We strongly suggest all clients take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- On many guided tours personal accident insurance (which covers medical
repatriation) is mandatory and participation in the tour may be refused if proof of such
insurance can not be provided.
- There are a wide range of travel insurance providers but some of our clients have
found the policies supplied by World Nomads & Worldwide Travel Insurance offer
Visas, Passports and Cross Border Travel
- It is the responsibility of clients to ensure that passports, visas or other travel
documents are valid for the duration of their stay in Namibia and other areas included
in their itinerary. The Cardboard Box Travel shop will not entertain any complaints related to invalid travel documentation.
- Some neighboring countries require payment for visas, vehicle insurance and other fees in US$ - please ensure you have adequate funds available.
- It is recommended that you travel with at least 2 blank passport pages per country visited. Please ensure that your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months after your date of travel.
- Most dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise us of any specific dietary requirements.
- Many areas you will visit are remote and food ordering is done far in advance, so please ensure we are given ample time to inform lodges and tour operators of your dietary requirements so they can make the necessary arrangements.
Regional & Domestic Flight bookings
- The airfare and airport tax quoted are current and subject to change without prior
warning should the airline impose an increase in rates for any reason.
- The airfare quoted is based on the lowest class of fare available at the time of
quoting and is subject to seats being available in that class at the time of booking.
Should the class not be available at the time of booking, the next applicable fare will be booked, and amended costs advised accordingly.
- Please note that fares may increase between the time of booking, time of payment,
and the ticket being issued.
- The Cardboard Box Travel Shop cannot be held responsible should airlines
discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables resulting in missed
connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary, we will requote you accordingly.
- To comply with international insurance requirements, all airline tickets must clearly
show the passenger’s title, full name and surname (as indicated in your passport). As this
applies to both scheduled and charter flights, we would be grateful if you could provide
us with this information as soon as possible.
- Check-in for domestic departures is one hour prior to departure and for
international departures the check-in is two hours prior to flight departure. Late check-in
may result in your reservation being cancelled.
- Rebooking: Before departure - Not permitted.
After departure - N$300 if class available.
- Re-routing and upgrading: Not permitted.
- Cancellations & no-show will be dealt with as in section 1, Cancellation Fees.
- We only take payment for the rental amount. When collecting your car you may be
required to pay additional fees. Such fees are dependent on the type of vehicle rented,
but may include contract fees, over border fees & costs for additional drivers.
- You will be liable for an excess (or deductible) on your vehicle. This is the amount
you will pay in the event of damage or theft of the vehicle. The exact excess amount is
dependant on the type of vehicle and waivers you purchase. Excess' will be authorised on a credit card at the time of rental.
- Single vehicle accident are frequently deemed as negligent resulting in the renter
becoming liable for the costs of all damage irrespective of the excess conditions.
- To further cover themselves we encourage our clients to consider purchasing rental specific excess such as Worldwide Travel Insurance's Excess Reimbursement insurance