Camping Safaris - Namibia
Visit Namibia on a Guided Tour or Safari
Guided camping safaris are an excellent way of getting around Namibia. The main reason for joining a guided tour is to take the hassle out of planning and arranging your holiday - if you are booked on one of these safaris you can just arrive, sit back while your guide helps you explore the spectacular country.
6 Days - For those with tight time constraints this safari visits the two major destinations: Sossusvlei & Etosha. Windhoek - Windhoek
4 days - An expertly guided safari through Damaraland in search of desert adapted elephant & rhino. Excellent choice for anyone wanting to add a specialist activity to their time in Namibia
3 Days - Short excursion to Etosha. Windhoek - Windhoek
3 or 4 Days - wonderful guided hiking trip - a never to be forgotten experience.
3 Days - A well guided & informative walking trip in the Namib Desert.
3 Days - Visit the sand dunes at Sossusvlei. Runs from Windhoek - Windhoek
10 Days - An excellent first time visitors tour. Includes: Africat, Etosha Park, Damaraland, Swakopmund & the dunes at Sossusvlei.
9 Days - Starting in Windhoek this is primarily a Botswana trip - visiting the Okavango Delta and ending in Vic Falls
10 days - Aimed specifically at families, this safari visits all the major sites on the country and includes a series of activities & adventures that will appeal to both children & adults
7 Days - The granddaddy of Namibian safaris - visits Fish River, Luderitz & Sossusvlei. Combine with the Northern Adventure for the 14 day Namibian Experience Safari
7 Days - The best the north has to offer: Etosha, Africat (for leopard & cheetah), Damaraland, Himba Villages, rock art and Sossusvlei
23 Days - Visits everything between the Fish River Canyon (in the south) to the Caprivi Strip (in the north) and still has time to head via the Okavango Delta to Victoria Falls. Ideal for the first time visitor wanting to pack as much into their trip as possible
19 Days - a good choice for those wishing to experience the best parts of Namibia & Botswana. For good measure a visit to the Okavango Delta & Victoria Falls is also include. Departs from Windhoek & ends either at Vic Falls or back in Windhoek
15 Days - Our 'mobile safaris' offer a slightly more comfortable camping experience than the other itineraries on these pages. Alternating departures run between Windhoek & Victoria Falls visiting Chobe National Park, Etosha Park, a himba village, the coastal town of Swakopmund and the Sossusvlei sand dunes.
14 Days - When we first designed a Namibian trip this was the itinerary, it still works brilliantly and is our most popular safari. Runs from Windhoek to Windhoek and includes all the major tourist attractions
12 Days - This mobile safari takes in the most popular attractions. Including the Waterberg Plateau, Etosha National Park, Kaokoland (and a visit to a Himba settlement) the Skeleton Coast & Sossusvlei
- Why join a camping safari?
- There are many reasons to joining a camping safari but for many people one of the primary reasons is that they allow you to really experience the 'outdoors' nature of the country, evenings spent under the stars in a remote location are what true Namibian memories are made of. Other reasons may include: budget as camping is much cheaper than staying in lodges; location, some places in Namibia can not be visited without staying in a tent; and of course these trips add to the general sense of adventure.
- What can I expect?
- All the safaris we offer include the services of a professional guide, who's knowledge will enhance your travel experience. All the necessary camping equipment, from tents to tea-spoons, is provide (although on some safaris you may be required to supply your own sleeping bag). Vehicles are well maintained and there is always a back-up service in the unlikely event of breakdowns.
- I'm not an experienced camper!
- Not to worry - you need no previous experience to join. Your guide (and in some cases the camp assistant) will help you put up your tent and gently ease you into the entire experience. This is not slumming it, you will have camping chairs, mattresses and tables (frequently even small details like table cloths are provided)
- How do I choose a safari?
- There is a fairly overwhelming choice of itineraries available - our Safari Planner may help you narrow down the choice. Often the dates you have available or the places you wish to visit will dictate which safari is best for you. If you're confused after looking at what we have on offer send us an email and one of our consultants will help you select the best safari (or combination of safaris).
- Scheduled Departures
- The camping safaris listed on this page have guaranteed scheduled departures this means that even (in the extremely unlikely event) if you are the only person booked on the safari your departure is guaranteed. You can book your trip safe in the knowledge that there will not be a nasty suprise come the departure date
- For groups of 4 or more people we can customise a safari, either using one of these itineraries or designing something just for your you.