Fly-In Safaris - Namibia
Visit Namibia on a Flying Safari
Fly-in safaris are a great way to see Namibia as they offer unparalleled opportunities for excellent photography, and are also the best way to fit in the vast spaces of Namibia into a shorter time.
Apart from the scheduled fly-in safaris listed on these pages we are also able to customise private charter flights, and design your own personalised fly-in safari. For more details on this service (or anything else to do with flying around Namibia) feel free to email us.
A scenic flight along Namibia's Forbidden Coast (Sperrgebiet) an area which is virtually impossible to visit overland. Attractions seen on this flight include ship wrecks, seal colonies and Sandwich Harbour. Flight from Swakopmund
Fly from Swakopmund to the extreme north western part of Namibia, Kaokoland. Here with the help of a guide you get to meet members of the nomadic Himba people.
A low level flight from the coastal town of Swakopmund along the spectacular & mystical Skeleton Coast.
A scenic flight over the dunes at Sossusvlei. Flight from Swakopmund
A scenic flight that lands near Sesriem and includes a trip into the dunes at Sossusvlei. Flight from Swakopmund
View a massive portion of southern Namibia from the air. A landing and ground excursion to the Fish River Canyon finish of this day trip. Flight from Swakopmund
3 or 4 Days - The dune hopper concept offers scheduled flights from Windhoek or Swakopmund - with overnight stays of varying lengths at several lodges in the NamibRand Private Reserve and around Sossusvlei
4 Days - A not to be missed fly-in Safari to one of the most remote areas on earth. This is an exceptional safari with highly qualified and knowledgeable guides & can safely be described as one of the best safari experiences in Namibia.
4 Days - The same as the Skeleton Coast Fly-In Safari (above) but with the addition of a a visit to Sossusvlei
5 Days - The third is the series of Skeleton Coast Safaris this time with the addition of the small harbour town of Luderitz
5 Days - The fourth and final Skeleton Coast Safari gives the opportunity for game viewing in Etosha
7 Days - A typical flight around Namibia, this is highly customisable and the itinerary, lodges & even the number of days can be amended to suit your individual requirements
15 Days - Our 'ultimate' itinerary, designed to give you an idea of what is possible.
13 Days - A luxury safari visiting the highlights of the country, uses a combination of flights and ground transfers to offer the best possible experience.
8 Days - Luxury Flying Safari around Namibia, visits Etosha National Park, the Namib Desert & the semi-desert area of Damaraland
- Why join a flying safari?
- On a standard safari, you spend a lot of time travelling form one destination to another; on a fly-in safari you will have a lot more time to take in the highlights of Namibia. Flying is the only way you'll see some parts of Namibia -- most parts of the Skeleton Coast Park and the Diamond Restricted Area are almost completely closed to ground traffic making a fly-in safari the only way to view these unspoiled, seldom visited, areas of Namibia.
- What can I expect?
- Due to their nature the accommodation used on flying safaris are generally from the upper end of the the quality scale. You will join the game drives and excursions offered at the lodges - so will not miss out on anything
- How do I choose a safari?
- On this page we have offered a sample of some scheduled fly-in safaris, however if you can not find exactly what you are looking for do contact us so that one of our consultants can advise you on a suitable package or even help put together your own customised trip
- As these safaris are operated in light aircraft there are severe luggage restrictions (for safety reasons). The exact restrictions will be explained to you during the course of your booking, but please ensure your luggage is not overweight - as overweight luggage can NOT be transported