Includes: Castles, Trains & Sand Dunes
The Namibia Honeymoon Package offers 1 week in some of the most romantic settings in Namibia. This itinerary uses top of the range accommodation, in some extraordinary and scenic areas.
On your honeymoon enjoy:
- A night in an authentic Namibian castle!
- A township tour of Katutura (on a bicycle).
- A train journey on the Desert Express.
- Optional activities in Swakopmund, Namibia's premier seaside resort.
- A day safari in the Namib Rand Nature Reserve.
This itinerary is just one example of the type of honeymoon we can plan, we are able to alter any part of the itinerary to suit your requirements. Our travel consultants are also happy to design and entirely custom made honeymoon itinerary based on your interests (and budget!) - just send us an email and we will help you work out the details
- Day 1: Windhoek
- On arrival in Namibia you will be transferred from the Windhoek International airport to the beautiful Heinitzburg Castle. Accommodation is is a deluxe pool side room on a bed and breakfast basis. Your first Namibian sunset can be spent enjoying cocktails from the terrace at Heinitzburg overlooking the Windhoek city centre.
For dinner tonight there is a good choice of restaurants available in Windhoek, perhaps the best of these is Leo's in the Heinitzburg castle, but we will also be happy to recommend alternative eateries.
Accommodation: Heinitzburg Castle & Hotel in Windhoek
- Day 2: Desert Express
- After breakfast you will head to Katutura - the former township area of Windhoek (before independence Namibia was governed by South Africa and had the same apartheid laws in place). You will spend the morning pedaling around the township, visiting markets and getting to know how the majority of Windhoekers live - it is a fascinating and eye opening experience (and not particularly strenuous - but for those not wanting to ride a bike we are able to offer alternative tours in a vehicle). After the tour the guide will drop you at the Zoo Cafe in central Windhoek for lunch (at own expense), the Zoo Cafe is situated in the beautiful Zoo Park in central Windhoek. After lunch you will be taken to the Windhoek Train Station in time to board the Desert Express Train to Swakopmund.
The first stop on this luxury train journey is at Okapuka Game Ranch in time for the Lion Feeding, dinner is served in the Welwitschia Restaurant onboard the Desert Express and consists a three course dinner, with a selection of starters, main courses and desserts. Included
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Accommodation: Onboard the Desert Express in a twin-bedded cabin with en suite facilities
- Day 3 & 4: Swakopmund
- After a full english breakfast the train will stop for around an hour, allowing you to explore this part of the Namib Desert. The Desert Express arrives in Swakopmund at around 10am and you will be collected and transferred to your hotel. We have left the days in Swakopmund free but we will be happy to book activities for you. You may want to consider a scenic flight over the Skeleton Coast, an oyster breakfast and dolphin cruise from Walvis Bay or any one of the additional activities in Swakopmund.
While in Swakopmund you have a choice of excellent sea food restaurants to choose from, once again we will be happy to recommend places to eat and assist with bookings.
Accommodation: The centrally located Hansa Hotel in Swakopmund will be your home for the next two nights on a bed and breakfast basis
- Day 5: NamibRand
- After breakfast you will be transferred to the Swakopmund airstrip for your flight to Wolwedans, situated in the heart of NamibRand Nature Reserve. On arrival you transfer to the Lodge and spend the rest of the morning at leisure before a light lunch. After a siesta you'll join an afternoon excursions returning to the lodge for sundown's and dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge in the Namib Desert
- Day 6: NamibRand
- Absorb the unique NamibRand Nature Reserve landscape during a morning and afternoon excursion by Landrover through the dunes, endless grassy plains and along mystical mountain formations. You could encounter large and small desert animals, learn about their unique habits and explore the ancient hunting spots of the Bushmen.
Revel in the incredible landscape around you and Wolwedans' commitment to care for guest and nature alike. Here in this land of stretching blue skies, endless plains and countless creatures enacting natures savagely exciting passion play, you will find beauty feeding your soul, tranquillity to clear your mind and space for your imagination to fly!
Optionally you could join a day-safari with picnic lunch en-route, arriving back at the Lodge for sundowners and dinner.
It is also worth considering an early morning balloon flight over the Namib Desert (not included in package price) which offers a birds eye view of the Desert and is sure to be one of the highlights of your trip
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge (full board & activities)
- Day 7: Windhoek
- Awake in the pristine desert dawn and soak in the atmosphere and landscape from your bed whilst enjoying early morning tea. After breakfast at leisure you are transferred to the airstrip to bid Wolwedans farewell and commence your return flight to Windhoek< where you will arrive at noon (12h00). You can fly out tonight or we can book you accommodation in Windhoek and help with further travels through Namibia
- Airport transfers, meals as per itinerary, flights and excursions as per itinerary. All accommodation.
- Hot-air ballooning and optional activities(eg in Swakopmund), personal items and airport tax.
- Route & Accommodation
- The itinerary above is a guideline only and whilst we try to adhere to it there may be circumstances when it may change – for example weather and/or road conditions, seasonal daylight hours etc. Overnight stops on occasion may be altered from those indicated.